Sign in to follow this  
Guest shsmith

Frame rates

Guest shsmith

Hi, Ive just installed PMDG's 737-NG package and its great apart from the fact that my frame rate has been taken into the negatives! Ive added a lot of AI aircraft on and a few AFCADs etc and my system had no problem dealing with all that, but now ive added PMDG, any plane i try to use has become extremely slow! Anyone any ideas on how to get around this??My system is:Windows XP3.6GHz processor512Mb DDR RAMRadeon 3,8 card

Guest TDaddy

Bump your ram up to at least 1GB. it will make a world of difference!

Guest shsmith

Is that really all is needed??

its highly unlikely another 512ram is gonna fix it,there is just an inherent design/program flaw in this aircraft.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest tmetzinger

>its highly unlikely another 512ram is gonna fix it,>>there is just an inherent design/program flaw in this>aircraft.>Well, the PMDG add-on is very complex, but I wouldn't consider that a flaw - it's the whole blinkin point, isn't it?To improve frame rates:More memory WILL help, especially with a fast CPU.Reduce the amount of traffic (that's hard on the system) (I have MyTraffic2004 and run it at 20% when using the PMDG) and be sure you've gotten the hiFPS cloud textures.Some add-on scenery that may be poorly done can also cause a hit on frame rates.For comparison... I have a P4/3.2Ghz, 2GB RAM, and an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro running at 8X on the AGP bus. I run activeSky2004.5, FSRealTime, and Squawkbox 3. I use the FSAutoStart program to force idle tasks to complete, defragment the RAM, and suspend about 20-odd services like antivirus scanning before FS starts up.I lock my displays (2 at 1600x1200) at 24 FPS, and I usually see 24 fps except where AI traffic is busy (drops to 15), hi def scenery like NYC (drops to 15), or in cumulus clouds (drops to 12-18) depending. One display is the main panel and 3D window, the other holds the FMC, throttles, and AS2004 and FS Real Time and Squawkbox.Sometimes it's gotten down to 10 fps while landing at JFK, but never worse than that. Eliminating all AI traffic is worth 3-5 fps at that time. Flying with VATSIM causes maybe a 1-3 fps drop if there's a lot of traffic, otherwise none.