Sign in to follow this  
tasev1

747 Soundset

Just a few questions, if I may (don't have to be answered if you decide its too much info before release)-Will the new 747 have soundsets with matching models and panels for all the engine variants?-If so, will they be cockpit perspective, passenger, or both? (reason I ask is because the 747 cockpit is very quiet - wind only, so some people may like to 'hear power' like the PAX do.-I know that only the upper deck is being modeled :(, but will we still be able to use Active Camera to pan down to the wings for a nice view?-And of course, must have 4x sim rate and pause at TOD, right?I look at the page everyday for that plane.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

Guest dt1951

I'm rather hoping they keep the engines where they belong (outboard, under the wings, and aft of the cockpit), not in the cockpit.Dan Ward

Hehe. To #### with wings. Put a couple on my back and off I go! Just like Jango Fett.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

PMDG is trying to give us as much realisme as possible, so please don't ask things which are just the opposite.The cockpit is quiet, you can fly 4X in an B747 in real life and pauzing at T/D ???????Please concretrate the efforts to bring the B744 as much as possible in line with the real Queen. CiaoMichel

Fly it as its desined to be? That is all realative. Real airplanes aren't flown from your desktop at home, nor is it your job. It is just a simulation of the real thing, and if you don't want to, then just don't press that 'R' button! You won't to a roll in a real 747; but if I feel like it, I can sure do one in yours! I have been waiting for YEARS for this thing to come out, and setting a flight to Paris I will never be able to finish (probably finding myself over Tokyo instead), would be a huge waste of cash for me. All I would like is to fly at rate 4, enjoy the beautiful sim, give you my money, and thats it! This is a simulation, so it SIMULATES real life. If you guys don't like a rate 4 or other 'cheater' features, then ignore the feature, and it will not change your experience whatsoever. But when some people like me want to fly a simulator and only have a few hours to do it in, something like that should be available. I AM NOT EXPECTING A PAUSE AT TOD, but being able to fly at rate 4, I can stick around and enjoy a complete flight from here to the other side of the world while I sit down and watch my in flight movie.When Level D introduced their B767 simulation, they had the same issue, and as a result, I bought an airplane I never/rarely flew, except on a max 3 or 4 hour trip (which you wont find on a 747). HOWEVER, when their patch was released, not only huge improvements were made, but I could actually fly the aircraft realistically, AND be able to enjoy a complete trip from here to Europe in only a few hours.My point is, it doesn't take much to be able to have the plane stable at a higher sim rate so those of us with time schedules can enjoy the simulation like anyone else. For me, the departures and arrivals are most interesting, not the cruise.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

P.S. I WASN'T complaining about the soundset - so don't accuse me of it. FYI, LevelD's 767 is pure and true, and I love it.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png