Sign in to follow this  
Guest saywhuut

PMDG 737 engine startup

Guest saywhuut

Hello,I have found many topics on this subject, but I just cant seem to get BOTH of my engines to start. I have followed the guides step by step perfectly, but for some reason, only the left engine will start up, and the right engine wont. When i select GND for the right engine nothing happens..all fuel flow switches are on and I am stuck..what am i doing wrong??Regards,Stephen

Guest GeoffC

StephenI suspect your bleed switches are wrong on the overhead panel. As a test close the 1 and 2 switches (UP), open the APU switch (DOWN) and make sure the APU is running. It should allow you to start both engines.If this doesn't work send a pic of the overhead to show how it is all setup.

Guest FreddyG

Same happened to me until I realised that I did not wait long enough for 20%N2 before pushing up the engine cutoff lever. Shows you how good the PMDG aircraft are!!!!

Guest thscholz

Stephen,check the Isolation Valve. It has to be on AUTO or OPEN. If it's closed, then the right engine won't get bleed air for starting.If you have a look at the schematic you'll see that the left pack is fed by the APU and engine 1. Engine one gets the bleed air from the APU for startup. In order to get bleed air to the right engine, the isolation valve between left pack and right pack has to be open.CheersThomas

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Stephen,Have you tried starting the engines just by using Ctrl E to see if they both start alright. If they start ok that way, then it must be something you are doing incorrectly in the proper manual start up sequence.

Guest Zapper

Gents,To ensure we are attempting a normal start:1 Fuel Cutoff Levers to Cutoff = Down2 ALL BLEED switches ON = APU and 1 and 2 all in down position3 Pack switches OFF = Up4 Isolation Valve Auto or Open = Centre or Down5 Appropriate Start Switch to GND6 At 25% N1 - Start Lever to IDLE = UP (note most ppl put fuel on at 20% as PMDG does not quite emulate reality here)7 Engine will light up and you will see increase n N1 and EGT8 Starter will cutout at 56% N2This procedure is also available in The Geezer Guide available at my home page.ATB