Sign in to follow this  
Guest DarkMind

PMDG Boeing 737-700 "Off Shed Descent"

Guest DarkMind

Hey :) Something stupid happend yesterday. Shortly after take off a warning sign (Air Condition) came up. I looked up on the overhead panel and saw in the lower left corner the warning "Off Shed Descent". I have no idea what that means. I tried to find the right button to switch it off, but found nothing. Oh i forgotten to tell ya that this warning came up on the second flight. As I took off for the first flight this warning didn't come up. Maybe i ve forgotten to check something before i started the 2nd flight.Hope you guys can help me.Cheers DarkMind

Guest alexhn

Darkmind this is relevant to the pressurization of the cabin of the 737. If you did not dial the correct altitudes into the pressurization panel (lower right) or did not descend at the specified time in the FMC, then you will get this warning, in my experiences.

Guest DarkMind

Hi,I put in the correct altitudes. I think it wasn't because of descending at the wrong time. The warning came up shortly after i took off. I really have no idea what I did wrong.DarkMind

Hi Torben,OFF SCHED DESCENT has no bearing on the FMC or flight plan. Here is the description from the real world flight manual:An amber OFF SCHED DESCENT light illuminates if the airplane begins to descend without having reached the preset cruise altitude; for example, a flight aborted in climb and returning to the takeoff airport. The controller programs the cabin to land at the takeoff field elevation without further pilot inputs. If the FLT ALT indicator is changed, the automatic abort capability to the original takeoff field elevation is lost.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg