Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gzr_GreenBean

Airports in FMC Database

Guest Gzr_GreenBean

First, I am really happy witht he 737NG series, I have just logged my 120th hour (according to FS Flight keeper). All of the versions fly like a real airplane and the systems work as they should. Congratulations. Secondly, I have been flying the C-40 and VP-40 a lot recently and when I try to fly from Andrews AFB (KADW) to Shaw AFB (KSSC)when I programmed these into the FMC it returned a "Not in database" message. Is their any way I can add airports to the database?Thanks,Bill Ehmig

Guest Gzr_GreenBean

Bump-Bill Ehmig

Guest stang

Hi Bill>Secondly, I have been flying the C-40 and VP-40 a lot recently>and when I try to fly from Andrews AFB (KADW) to Shaw AFB>(KSSC)when I programmed these into the FMC it returned a "Not>in database" message. Is their any way I can add airports to>the database?When I read your note I was going to tell you about editing the airport file (wpNavAPT.txt file provided by navdata.at) that is read in by the 737. However, I just checked it and both bases are in that file. It would seem something else is going on. Are you sure it was the icao that caused the error and not a waypoint in an outdated procedure at one of the bases? RegardsTerry

Guest Gzr_GreenBean

Terry, I doubt it, I was not using either an Andrews SID nor a Shaw STAR, but I have just installed the newest AIRAC cydle so let me try again. Thanks for your input.Bill

Guest Gzr_GreenBean

Hmmm, It was the same wioth the new AIRAC sysle installed.Not sure what is going on here.Thanks anyway.Bill Ehmig

Guest G. Stone

I had this same issue after installing the latest AIRAC 0505 from the NavData website.Go to the PMDG website and download the latest SID/STAR database from PMDG and install it.Personally, I downloaded the SIDS/STARS from the PMDG website and installed them.Then I reinstalled the AIRAC update from the NavData page and everything was back to normal.The procedures I mentioned for the PMDG aircraft will probably apply for the C-40 and the VP-40 you mentioned but I am not sure since I don't have those addons. So go back to the C-40 and the VP-40 websites and look for any updates and install them.