Sign in to follow this  
Guest pjwadsworth

Beginners Question - Loading flight plan during flight

Guest pjwadsworth

I hope this has not been answered elsewhere on this forum. If it has I apologise.I have entered a route into the FMC and save it. Due to time constraints I do not complete the flight during one session of MSFS so I save the MSFS situation. Next time I fly I select the MSFS flight and it puts me back where I left off.But the FMC is empty. I can't find how to reload the route into the FMC. I can put the saved file name into the scratchpad but I cannot copy into 'Co Route' as the LSK is greyed out. I can copy the file into FLT No but this does not give me the legs. Is it possible to reload a FMC flight plan and start it part way through (i.e. from the current position)?I realise that this is probably not prototypical but would be useful to Flighsimmers short of time.RegardsPatrick

Guest tmetzinger

>>I realise that this is probably not prototypical but would be>useful to Flighsimmers short of time.The short answer is NO, you cannot save a flight and restart it in mid flight - it just doesn't work... There are probably other systems that won't function well besides the FMC, although it's the most obvious.If you need to quit flying, then you might want to look on the map and divert to a nearby airport - you can change the destination on the route page in the air and head direct for an approach point.That or leave the sim on pause for a long while.Best wishes,

Guest allblack

"Prototypical"Nice word - had to go to dictionary.com for that one!Now I've just to find somewhere to use it...Tim

Guest Armstrang

Will we be faced with the same problem with the PMDG MD-11 and B747? I read in the review that you can save the Level-D 767 and start up where you left off - FMC and all. Are there any other FMC planes out there with that capability?