Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

strange incident while programming a STAR

hi alli wanted to fly from ymml to YBCG tonight on VATSIM and i was at YMML programing mu 737/800 FMC for the ROONY3 Arrival into YBCG, however when i went to put it the intersections FIKUL CHOOK KERRI SAILA AND INDEE it said that the first 2 were like 6800NM's away!how? the only explanation i could give is that these intersections are only 7,9 and 3 NMs from each other, so it thought they were to close to be the ones? it didnt give me any options as well to choose as some intersections have similair names around the world,how can this be?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest glenb

I entered FIKUL CHOOK and they are 434 Nm apart. Adding KERRI the FMC provided two choices

Clayton and Glen,The intsc FIKUL , CHOOK and SAILA you get in the FMC are in the US. The ones that you need for ROONY3 arrival procedure at YBCG are not present in the database, for an unknown reason, that's why you get those extreme distances. According to the chart for ROONY3 arrival at YBCG these intsc have the same names as those in the US (not uncommon that this happen).Over at Navdata you can download a sid/star file for YBCG (either as single or as apart of the AIO). This file has these necessary intsc specified as fixes with the correct lat/long, and thus will override the ones in the database. Seems that all procedures for YBCG are present and working.

hii got the information for that STAR from the vatpac site.rgds

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram