Sign in to follow this  
Guest john_omaha

747 Sim Rate Compatibility

Guest john_omaha

I was wondering, will the new 747 be compatible with sim rates of up to 4x if not 8x? Just wondering because the developers of Level-D 767 had to include the compatibility in their patch because of people complaining they could not do long flights. One reason, and I agree, is that alot of people do not have time to do long 12+ hour flights. Thanks!!!John McGinnisOmaha, Nebraska

Guest Callmecapt

Why don't people then just do short haul or just use the slew function to get there quicker?I love the long hauls. Nothing like a few cans of red bull throughout the night to get you where you want to go in real time.RegardsGoran

Guest ZOTAN

Goran have you ever seen the sun :)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

The time constraint is very relative. I don't have all day to fly, yet I do long-haul flying. How? Simple, planning ahead. If a flight takes me 10 hours, I start at midnight, so I know I'll be up by 8:30-9AM, an hour before landing time. It's really not rocket science, guys. And hey, speeding up to 4X would make that flight of mine 2.5hrs, which is VERY reasonable in terms of timeframe. I mean, I do flights up to 5 hours anyday, but I fly long-haul once or twice a month. As said earlier, don't fly it if you don't have the time, or plan ahead so you can still log the hours. You don't have to sit in front of your PC every second the sim is flying, and you don't have to do long-haul every day. Another practice that I've found helps is to connect legs. For example, I flew MCO-Gatwick recently, then Gatwick-CDG-Madrid-Gatwick, then back to MCO. That gave me a good 2-3 days separation between the long legs, gives you a rest and again, if you plan ahead, you can get rid of the time constraint.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest john_omaha

I agree with you all, but I have other people that use the same computer and it is not fair to them to hog it for 10+ hours a day flying. I am sure PMDG will make sure it is compatible...their 737 has no problems with the sim rates.

Guest Callmecapt

>Goran have you ever seen the sun :)>>Sure I have. Back in January.;-)However, I think I should get a scan of my kidneys. RegardsGoran

Guest Callmecapt

John, You share your computer!!??Get down on your knees now and beg forgiveness from Microsoft.Sacreligion is a nasty habit.RegardsGoran

If you don't have time to do a 12 hour flight, why do it? That's my opinion at least. I only fly long flights when I have the time to do them on a weekend, and I have never touched the sim rate.