Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stanner1953

FS Build Flight Plans and FMC in PMDG 737

Guest Stanner1953

I use FS Build to create a flight plan which I export to PMDG 737. I have the following questions regarding the flight plan.:1. When I activate the flight plan in FMC, I have to enter an altitude level in the PERF INIT page. I pick the highest altitude in the plan created by FS Build. However, when I check the way points in the FMC (legs pages) I note that the altitudes at the various way points, are different in the FMC than the altitude values created by FS Build. I also note that the speeds are also different.I am assuming that the reason for the difference between FS Build and FMC data, is that FMC is recalculating the data based on the particulars of the aircraft, weight, etc., which is not exaclty the same as the aircraft data in FS Build. Is this correct??? In other words, I can never expect that the altitudes and speeds shown in the FS Build plan exported to PMDG 737 will be the same after the FMC in PMDG 737 goes through it calculations.2. I note that the TD (target descent) way point in the FMC is usually later than that in the FS Build plan. This usually results in sharp descents and excess speed requiring the use of the air brakes. 3. I also note that the arrival routes are usually impossible to fly effectively. They usually involve a sharp turn into the ILS descent path, and intercept the ILS too close to the landing strip. The result is that I overshoot the ILS, and do not automatically descend.I am forced to quit the FMC, and to fly the ILS intercept etc. with the help of the auto pilot. Do other FS Build plan users have this same problem?I select the Boeing 737-700 aircraft in FS Build, and also in PMDG.Any help that users of FS Build can give me in avoiding sharp descents with excess speeds in FS Build plans exported to PMDG 737 would be appreciated. Thank you. Stanner