Sign in to follow this  
shortspecialbus

funky panel lighting

I got this panel lighting today: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~stefan/fspix/funky.jpgIt's not really a problem, since the only way I could reproduce this is to shut the plane down and disconnect the battery while forgetting to turn the lights off, but the overhead panel gets funky in that situation. It goes back to normal and everything after messing with the lights, so the obvious fix is to turn the stupid lights off before turning the battery off, but is that normal for everyone else?? I'm just making sure that I am not the only one with this "problem" that may signify something else is awry with my install.Thanks!!-stefan

I get this same problem if I'm flying through dawn into daylight. When the panel lights go off the lighting goes funky and the flaps and landing gear gauges disapear. It fixes itself if I manually turn off the lights. Wierd though.Aaron

Guest Knikolaes

Do yuo both have that BBJ package installed that was published on AVSIM?It seems like I never had that issue before I installed the BBJ release (freeware) that was published on AVSIM.

Guest Knikolaes

Hmmm. Okay. Well that rules that out.Mine actually never did that until I installed the BBJ Package.I guess I will have to look elsewhere and try to remember what the heck I also may have installed as I know for a fact that the default NG install doesnt do that.Chris

Maybe a different halo file? I read the Level D aircraft displays the beacon at the wrong place if you download a user modded halo file. I wonder if this is another side effect of changing from the default

I don't have the BBJ package installed. I have the Continental -700 and Easyjet -700 from PMDG's website. I do however have a different Halo.bmp from the original. Maybe that could be it.Aaron

Unless Ultimate Terrain modified the Halo.bmp, I haven't changed that. If it did modify it, then we have it figured out possibly.-stefan

I have this problem as well, but only when messing with the light switches on the overhead panel. I've assigned a key to the dome light using the PMDG pause menu and if I want extra light, I press that key command. I don't mess with the dome/panel switches anymore on the overhead, they totally mess up the overhead panel functionality, at least they did on my flight.