Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=??? Need Help!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,i remind that some time ago a friend suggested a correct value for TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= in FS2002.cfg.Which value should i select given my 768 MB ram?Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

This setting is controlled by the aircraft texture detail slider in aircraft display settings... Even if you manually tweak it to a higher amount, there will be no gain in FS2002. Setting the aircraft texture slider to the max setting is the best way to adjust this value in the way it was intended for use in FS2002... I think the max value FS supports is either 1024 or 8096--can't remember which, but the slider will adjust it regardless.-John

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

John,is it possible to have TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=512 with sliders full right?!?That's what happens to my system.ThanksLuigi ;-)

That may even be the correct setting.... Now that you mention it, 512 sounds familiar. I know that this setting had the odd side effect of blurring my buildings when lowered, which was the case in the days when I was still running a Voodoo 3. But it's the A/C slider which controls it. Try manually changing it to 1024 or higher (I admit I played with it a few months back). I don't believe you'll see a difference, but I'll verify the 512 as being the max value or not when I return home tonight....-John

It will adjust and match according your installed memory when the aircraft sliders are maxed :-)In my case 1024awfEHAM

André

Guest PaulL01

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=Has absolutly nothing to do with your system memory, it has to do with the settings you choose in fs2k2/settings/aircraft/texture sizeIt will limit the maximum size of the mipmaping as part of a texture not only in Aircraft but objects and old style mesh.so if you have an 1024x1024 texture but you set this amount to =512then 512x512 is the highest texture size/resolution you will getin the display, it will not make a 256x256 become 512x512 and manually setting in the fs2k2.cfg any higher than 1024x1024 (2048x2048) will not allow textures of any higher res than 1024x1024 to display as the limit of 1024x1024 is "hard coded" into FS.Edit: Just to add the setting choices are as follows: 64x64 (very small) 128x128 256x256 512x512 1024x1024

Guest Kurt

I don't see any connection with installed memory, I have 512MB and this is how it works on my system.TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 aircraft tex slider/massive=1024,high=512,medium=256,small=128,very small=64Kurt M