Sign in to follow this  
Guest zanadu6365

Burn out

Guest zanadu6365

this may be dumb, but,Have any of you all ever burned out on FS?I don't know if is a true burn out, but, I know I fly verry little anymore. I am excited about the 747 that is we are soon to get.Just for some reason, I get off the ground and about 30 mins later I am off my PC. Perhaps it's due to me just flying off line?.I truly love the 737, and the lurning curve of it all.But perhaps I just need to fly online more.?I tryed flying online, and have been in many VA'S, but just cant find the one I fit into the best yet. And to be honest I am not always the easeyest person to get along with :

Guest Diego Martinez

Davidtry flying in different scenarios, say europe, asia anywhere where you have not fly before. The fact that you will need to learn other charts, procedures, and interact with ATCs with less english than yours will put some nerves on your communications.Sometiems is good to go to less tech planes and try vor navigation only and forgett the FMCHope it helpsDiego

Guest mruane

Hi DavidI started with a virtual airline just recently and (because of the grading system they use) I have to operate B1900D or SAAB340's for the first 80 hours. Well I have the PMDGB 1900D so no problem. I also joined Virtual Pilots Assoc and that also has bought a new dimension to the hobby. Sorry I digress. My point was that operating the B1900D under VATSIM on virtual schedules and into provincial airfields, has forced me to relearn VOR/DME, NDB/DME, Twin NDB etc procedures and that has made a huge difference to the enjoyment level I am getting out of FS. I have had to park the 737 for the time being, but I am relearning some of the "basics" that I had not used for some time - all the while building up hours in the VA log book.Flying online though has been a core component of getting back into the enjoyment of using FS, not to mention the relationships that develop with other VATSIM users.If your starting to wane, then try using VATSIM - not just for flyins - but on a regular nightly (or daily) basis, flying virtual schedules into small provincial airports. It might do for you what it has done for me.Good Luck.PS: A few of the members of my VA have got into FSEconomy and are really having fun with that.

Guest zanadu6365

True,I perhaps will try both of those Ideas.I used to fly on vatsim but got too busy with RL, and then last time I was on, I had to wait 2 hours for clearance for taxi.. sheesh lol.I have the 1900D I know what you mean about the basics.I flew the 1900D for a little while, and thoug this is too basic.But perhaps if I take a too basic plane, and fly in somplace like England or franc, I will get rekindeled. What VA are you flying for?i think my biggest problem was and is, finding someone to fly online with, or atleast talk to while on the flight. I am kind of shy so it took me a while to get used to talking to the ATC, I started with Chat and went to voice but sometimes have to use text due to not understanding what they had just said.1900D... lets see where did I leave the keys to that at....Thanks for the replys.David.

Guest mruane

Hi David,I operate for Virtual Air New Zealand and its been a very worthwhile venture for me at least. The real value of the beginner ranks, is that you operate into the smaller provincial airports (as I mentioned) where you simply do not have ILS facilities and you cannot operate the heavier metal. So, you have to do it the other way. We have a number of members from Europe operating our skies and the good thing is that its not often that busy down here in New Zealand that you have to wait that long for clearances.We have Regional ATC available every evening (our time) and at least one or two Tower ATC facilties (between say 0630-1000UTC) but it varies. Depending on where you are, that may not work for you, however there will be similar ATC services available 24x7 at some place or other that isn't too busy. One of the values of the FS world is that you can be anywhere you want to be!I am more convinved now than ever, that VATSIM is the key to keeping FS alive (for me at least). Simply because its not just about me anymore!BTW I have gotten so familiar with the 1900D, that the prospect of operating without an FMC (or GPS for that matter) is no problem at all. I love hoping from one VOR to another and a VOR/DME approach with cloud down to 1500' is very satisfying - especially when its on schedule and online i.e. its visible to an ATC controller - so get it right!

Certainly. Happens about every 18 months and usually lasts for 3-4 months (sometimes longer).Variety helps stave it off, diversify into other aircraft (try a 727, a Cessna, whatever, but get away from the automation).In the end the only option is to leave FS alone and do something completely different.Last winter I played an RPG for 4 months straight instead of FS. Then I got tired of that and returned to FS.At the moment I switch between FS and another RPG.

Guest scotty12

If you want to fly online, use the PMDG fleet and have loads of fun, try out The American Pacific Group. We are an alliance consisting of Pacific Airways and American Flight Airways. We use the B1900D and 737-800 and have texture files available for the PMDG fleet from our skilled painters. We have hubs across the globes and operate codeshare flights as well as a charter centre too. We're a very user friendly airline and have many members and are growing all the time. Also you will find some of the friendliest guys out there on our forums and you'll be made to feel welcome straight away. Registration is easy, just pass out simple entrance exam and you're good to go.Hope to see you there sometime

Guest Boone

There's nothing like giving FS a break for a few weeks / months. When you come back it will appear better than you ever thought possible! Pretty close to doing this myself. Besides, it's summer - time to get out more ;-) Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

I had a mandatory break when my computer decided to die on me. 4 or so months later I am happy to be back. I definately won't get tired of flying, I do get tired of flying the same airplane though. I can imagine how boring it must get for a pilot after years and years stuck on the same plane. But anyway I too can't wait for the 747!

Guest AJ

As other posters have suggested, sometimes it helps to take a break from FS. Another trick that usually works for me, is to go flying in the real world, even if just as a passenger on an airliner. That always get the FS juices in me flowing again. If thats not practical, then go to an airshow, or just find a local GA airport in your area that has a good observation deck to watch the planes taking off and landing. Some of these place even have restaurants with a good view of the action.