Sign in to follow this  
Guest Buck Bolduc

Nice article, They use PMDG!

Guest Buck Bolduc

Virtual and Real Worlds MergingPosted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 14:31The line between real world aviation and virtual world aviation is starting to blur, causing the two to combine in ways not seen before. A recent example of this comminglng occurred when EL AL Israel airlines cooperated with VATSIM Israel (VATIL) in a first training session of its kind. Pilot trainees from El Al, along with their tutors, actually visited the homes of VATIL members for first hand experience training in the virtual environment. The goals set for these training sessions were 1) To practice normal 737 procedures. 2) To practice ATC communication in a realistic environment. 3) To practice aircraft systems operation (especially A/P and FMC). 4) For this first session - to determine the value of this type of training and best way to implement it. All participants in the exercise deemed it a success. You can read the full story here.On Avsim front page. They use PMDG's 737 of course, a nice testemonial to PMDG.Best

Now see here my boy."It saves us a lot of money, my life".---------------------------------------------------Right, should I do another quick lap of the old Nurburgring circuit with 'GT4' or go flying?Dave T.

Dave Taylor gb.png