Sign in to follow this  
Guest gascona

737NG Main Gauge problem

Guest gascona

Hi,Yesterday I defragmented my hard disk, and today the PMDG 737NG won't load. When I press "Fly Now", FS9 crashes to the desktop and I get an error message naming the culprit as: pmdg_737ng_main.gau. I guess it got corrupted somehow. Neither the -700 nor the -800 works.Do I need to re-install the 737ng from scratch, or can I somehow fix the gauge?Regards, Gabriel

Guest dt1951

I have learned enough to know that I can either spend hours on end searching for things to repair one thing (or more), or just bite the bullet and un-install/re-install. Most of the time, that is a faster and cleaner solution. This is especially true with self-installing programs.Dan Ward

I have had the same problem but it only happens with installed livery aircraft. I can only fly the aircraft in the PMDG house colours. I installed the KLM and Qantas liveries but they refuse to work showing exactly the same error message that you got and then dropping out of the program. Is there a patch coming out?Gerry

Gabriel,Easiest solution is to Reload a fresh copy. Get the removal tool from our website download area and run that and then install the 737 600/700 Version 1.3 installer. If you don't have the full version installer drop me a note a support with your info and I will send you a fresh copy.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Gerry,I have never heard of anyone else with that particluar problem so we aren't working on any patches. I would recomend you follow the same course of action I recomended in my other post and reinstall the 737 from scratch. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Thanks Gabriel for the message but I have reinstalled the package (twice) - the same problem persists with everything but the PMDG aircraft.Gerry

Gerry,Have you tried deleting yourFS9.cfg file and forcing it to rebuild to see if that helps. if not an FS9 reinstall might be the answer. It shouldn't affect any of your other addons if done properly.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest merlin737

Hi Guys,Encountered the same problem this evening. It occurred after I uninstalled the level d 767 which I was not very happy with.Problem was solved quickly by a reinstall of PMDG.Hope this helps.Aidan