Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raymond

Tutorial for idiots or idiot as the case may be.

Guest Raymond

First of all, let's let the cat out of the bag.....I may be ("may" to save me some self esteem) an idiot. As an example, I found a tutorial named "geezer" and immediately thought someone must be peeking through my window. However, the geezer they were writing about understood FTC and all that jazz. Here's an example, it directs one to enter position at POS/INT and next also at LSL1. Well, I sat there and could not find anyway to put NZCH at anyway but the very bottom...what do they call that a notepad or something. Having said all of that is there anywhere I can get a tutorial that trains a totally unadvised and simulation flyer? This one would advise exactly how to do each step. (And how did we get to New Zealand anyway...just asking. Perhaps out there in simulation land there is someone who developed a tutorial for someone like me. That is tells one how to put Cost index 19 and reserves 2.5 or whatever where and how. I am, as those of you who have chided me in the past for my simplicity, really desirous of learning how to fly the 737 like you big guys....however I cannot tell you how many times I have started my Virgin 737-800 and picked up my three ring notebook wherein contains the "Geezer" tutorial and spent twenty minutes trying to complete the first two paragraphs of the FMC Setup. Most of you cannot see me but I am on my knees praying for help.

Guest carlonch

Hello Raymond:Write me here carloszegarra@msn.comI will send to you which I consider the best tutorial available for the PMDG 737Carlos

Whoa, I wonder why do you need so much time to prepare FMC. As far as I saw these tutorials, they are very easy.OK, lets start this: tell me/us exactly what you don't understand, at which point in the tutorial, and I'll (we) try to help you.Second, see if you can find Timothy Metzinger's tutorial and go step by step.Third, read CAREFULLY and FULLY the FMC part of the manual.

Guest glenb

Raymond,I don

Guest Raymond

Thank you for your reply and offer to help. Well I did look up and print Metzinger's tutorial. I started to program the FMC and got only as far as the departure. As you know it goes from St Louis to Charlotte. I put in KSTL and KCLT following the instructions exactly. However when I obtained clearance Runway 24 and then Pressed dep/arr key and pressed LSK1 and took me to the departure page I should have had a 1/6 in the right hand corner and instead I have 1/2 and in the scratchpad I have the following message.."KSTL err: 31 rwy unknown" I am stuck at this point. Pressing the next page or prev does not work.Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Musashi

Hello Raymond,This error refers to a problem in KSTL prodedures.Please make sure that you have downlaoded and istalled the latetst AIRAC cycle for PMDG from http://www.navdata.atand check the same website if there are any user made procedures file for KSTL.Cheers,Myamoto Musashi

Guest Raymond

>Hello Raymond,>>This error refers to a problem in KSTL prodedures.>>Please make sure that you have downlaoded and istalled the>latetst AIRAC cycle for PMDG from http://www.navdata.at>>and check the same website if there are any user made>procedures file for KSTL.>>Cheers,>>Myamoto MusashiHello Myamoto....tried to go to the suggested website but it was an Administers and Domain sign up. Tried to use the "free" sign up but they wanted my credit card number. NO WAY. Thanks anyway.

Unfortunately Raymond you hit navdata.at at a bad time, I understand it is undergoing maintenance at the moment. Try again in a couple of days or visit the navdata forum here on AVSIM, I'm sure Richard will post when the site is back up.

Guest Raymond

>Hello Raymond,>>This error refers to a problem in KSTL prodedures.>>Please make sure that you have downlaoded and istalled the>latetst AIRAC cycle for PMDG from http://www.navdata.at>>and check the same website if there are any user made>procedures file for KSTL.>>Cheers,>>Myamoto MusashiHello again Myamoto, I downloaded airac and sid/stars and yet )again using Metzingers tutorial of KSTL to KCLT when I get to the departure page (following instructions exactly) I get a page that looks exactly like his example with one exception....Instead of having six pages shown as 1/6 I only have two pages shown as 1/2. Later in the tutorial you are directed to go to page three...I don't have a page three only two. Any help would be appreciated.