Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

landing in VC mode

hi allis it just me or do other people have problems seeing the runway on final in VC mode?i find that the planes nose is pitched up so high that i cant see the runway in VC, i have to go to 2D mode to see the runway, it looks ok in 2D mode however in VC mode i cannot see the runway on finals.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest ahmedem

I can't #### near do anything in VC because my view outside is obscured and its not just on the PMDG NG its on all my addons.I've been trying to use the VC more and more but I find it near impossible at the moment, it might be more real but you can't scan the instruments as easily, you can't see outside as easily or hit the right switches or set the correct MCP values easily, everything is more difficult in VC.There you are rant over... but yes I agree with you, hopefully I'll get better at it by the time the 747 is out.With respect to your particular problem you can press shift+enter or shift+backspace to move your head up and down in the VC which helps you see the runway better.

The default VC view is pretty bad in my opinion.However, if you get Active Camera, you can set some pretty good presets so that it is a lot better. If you get Active Camera, I would be happy to provide you my settings. The $15 or so it costs is well worth the money.-stefan

hi Ahmedi am trying the VC with the new system and flying in desolete airports the frame rates is ok, i also use Active Camera to preset views, which is must have, it makes things so much easier.I now have some great wingviews, FMC, MCP, Overhead by programming as you desire on your keyboard, it works wonders for VC mode only,i am beginning to enjoy it in VC mode,but just testing the water so to speak.i did try out the shift enter but still its hard to see outside on final.

open up the aircraft.cfg file and edit this lineI always get them mixed up, but I think changing the first number to a higher one moves you closer, the 2nd left and right, and the 3rd up and down.[Views]eyepoint= -7.993, -1.730, 3.596

does that work in VC mode front view or just 2D?

Guest alexhn

how do you get your fps and stuff to show at the top of the screen like that in your screenshots clayton?

to display the FPS, hold SHIFT then press Z. Doing it again changes what it displays and finally the last time gets rid of it all.And yes changing the viewpoint changes it in the VC.

hi Alexthat middle one indicates average frame rates you need to do this in your fs.cfg fileTo get average frame rates --Square Brackets--Location=316,222,964,756HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1Maximized=0Ave_Frame_Rate_Display=1 --Add this line

Guest ahmedem

Hi Clayton, I've got active camera and yeah its definitely useful. I haven't yet tried the preset views, I'll go try them now though.It is just a case of getting used to VC but I think I'm still a little old school in that department and just have a better feel of the aircraft in 2D.

Hi there folksI purchased edimensional TrackIr Pro some months ago, and man, what a feeling. This little tool gives you the opportunity too pan around the cocpit really fast, and even has the possibility too move your eyepoint up, down, forward, backwards, left and right. All you do is move your head the direction you want too look. It's anmasing. It's a bit expensive but well worth the money. Gives you an awesome feeling while flying. :DJust some words from Audun (Just finished my bachelor degree :))Happy flying too you all.

hi Ahmedi was a skeptic with VC till now, with Active Camera it is definately alot better, you will enjoy flying in VC mode,i have a 21" monitor it is definately better.

Same here, but I raise my seat up.I think the keys are shift+backspace and shift+enter.You'll have to check.

hi WaldoAlex mentioned to me that you change some figures in the ac cfg file, however i did that but didnt see any difference, i also use SHIFT ENTER on finals, i will retry Alex's solution when i get home as i dont want to keep pressing S ENT all the time.