Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

landing in VC mode

When I want to get a better outside view when landning, I simply sit up a bit more straight in my chair, yes the very physical chair I have in my room where I fly! When I want to read the instruments a bit better I lean forward and for a better view of the overhead panel I lean to the right and tilt my head slightly upwards!Did I say that I use TrackIR?! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

yea Track IR mmmmmm, i wish, abit expensive over here in Australia...

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hi,Speaking about Active Camera, has someone figured out if there is a way to have AC always start up with a certain setup so you don't have to manually load the settings file containing all your presets every time?

Richard Åsberg

Have been thinking about TrackIR myself, take it from what you write that you've found it to work great with PMDG's VC?Did you also buy the Vector Expansion and do you have the Pro version of TrackIR or the original one?

Richard Åsberg

I bought the Track IR v.3 Pro Deluxe pack together with the vector expansion from www.simw.com (and I also got the hat :) )With the previous driver/application I had some problems with vector expansion, specifically the view would lock itself looking down at the seat. With the latest driver/software update it's not completely gone but works much much better. You really have to pay close attention to how the IR-thingy is positioned with relation to your head (angel and distance), but once you find the sweetspot it works very well. In the beginning you might feel a bit dizzy but you learn quickly and you end up unconsciously twisting your head and leaning even when you are in 2D cockpit mode...You can also activate a function which means that it's not so sensitive to head movements.You really don't wanna sit through a flight over the Atlantic in VC since you have to keep your head reasonably still. But it really adds a lot to the immersion factor of being in a cockpit when you can lean back/forward and sideways. For example leaning the the right and looking up on the overhead panel is a totally different experience compared to just panning with the hat button on my yoke.Anyway, it works very well with PMDG 737 and most other aircrafts with a good VC. Can you spell Realair Simulations? ;)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thanks Krister, might give the TrackIR a try - seems to be a very cool product for it's price. Maybe I'll buy it when the 747 is released since I've understood the VC will be one of it's own kind there.Had a look at Realair's site and appearently they have some nice a/c:s but for now I'm quite happy with my PMDG products...wouldn't want to say anything else in here...;-)

Richard Åsberg

Guest Panman

Just had a look at it, I am going to get that next week, this will convince me to use the VC - something I loathe doing due to the increase in workload just to get a good view.pAnmAn

do give us your feedback panman.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Knikolaes

>The default VC view is pretty bad in my opinion.>>However, if you get Active Camera, you can set some pretty>good presets so that it is a lot better. If you get Active>Camera, I would be happy to provide you my settings. The $15>or so it costs is well worth the money.>>-stefan>Hey Stefan, I have AC Pro and would love those settings **smiles** Can you hoot them to me at cndittmar@guildofdarkhaven.org ?