Sign in to follow this  
Guest aarskringspier

1900c Virtual Cabin?

Guest aarskringspier

I am not able to see the virtual cabin in the 1900C. I have active camera, am able to traverse the cabin in my NG series, however I have nothing in the 1900. The only options I have are to load with or without a VC, nothing about a cabin and there is nothing behind the cockpit doors. Anyone have a similar proble or am I just a total idiot?

Guest radiome

Guess what I'm having the same problem,I downloaded Active Camera the demo and installed it and nothing happens.There are no CLICK SPOTS on the back cabin door letting you in to the passenger side and this bums me out!I just paid $15.00 for another B1900 thinking this one now has a Virtual walk around only to find out that you need this Active Camera which now cost another $15.00 making this add-on a $30.00 value.They do say that you need Active Camera but it's not very clearly stated.They need to say " This add-on needs Active Camera in order for the virtual rear cabin to work ,without it it will not work!".I feel ripped off because I now have a B1900C thats no different then my B1900D and I just wasted $15.00 . Heck the Active Camera add-on doesn't even make it work,no I'm not wasting another $15.00 on this crap. Why sell an add-on that is not 100% complete,why should you have to fork out another $15.00 on another add-on to try to make everything work.Ask me if I will fork out any more of my hard earned money and watch my FINGER! Good luck,I'm going to fly it without the passenger cabin view.Next time I'm going to hide my credit card!

"Clickable cockpit doors will open to allow owners of Active Camera free reign of the entire cabin" - that's what it says on PMDG's site. Pretty clear to me...Btw, Active Camera works perfectly for me however the demo version is limited to work only in the Seattle area.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi Radione.I'm hoping that the finger that you want us to watch will be carefully following the lines of written text in your product manuals.This is a classic example of a user failing to read the product page, failing to read the PMDG documentation, failing to read download information and failing to read the Active Camera Documentation,From the PMDG web site's B1900C Product Page:---------------------------------------------- "Clickable cockpit doors will open to allow owners of Active Camera free reign of the entire cabin."From the PMDG B1900C Manual, page 0-16:------------------------------------------ "Interior Cockpit Door: To add a new and interesting feature to the Passenger Virtual Cockpit, we installed a cockpit door that can be opened and closed by simply clicking your mouse on either the right-side or left-side door. It is important to note that we have included the virtual cabin models for those customers who enjoy using the Active Camera utility to be able to move about within the aircraft. Without Active Camera, it is generally not possible to leave the cockpit viewing position."From the AVSIM File Library's Active Camera file description:----------------------------------------------------------"File Description: (Shareware, non time limited and fully functional - limited to the Seattle area). "From the Anticyclone (makers of Active Camera) web ste:---------------------------------------------------------"Click here to download the demo (fully functional, only limited to Seattle area)"And just so we can be extra clear:This add-on needs Active Camera in order for the virtual rear cabin to work ,without it it will not work!Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Hi Randy,Make sure you are using the Passenger variant of the aircraft. There is no cabin specific model. The cabin is included in with the VC.The Cargo and Freight models don't have cabins (or windows for that matter! ;-))In the Virtual Cockpit, you can click on either of the two cockpit doors to open and close them, although you don't NEED to do this in order to enter the cabin.Hope this helps! Enjoy!Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest aarskringspier

Well that could definatley be the problem!! Ill check it out tonight, thanks a ton for the response much appreciated.

Guest radiome

Yes it does include ACTIVE CAMERA but it tells you " with active camera you can ride as a passenger " or something to that affect,it's not clearly stated. They should of said " Our virtual passenger cabin view can only be viewed if you have INSTALLED in FS2004 ( ACTIVE CAMERA ) which will cost you an additional $15.00 and then they should refer you to the proper Web Site to purchase Active Camera.It was written where hopfully the reader would overlook their message about active camera and focus on buying the B1900C as I did.By the way I installed Active Camera and it told me it was installed successfully,I never left the runway at KSEA and tried to clicked on the CABIN door and there was no CLICK SPOTS on the virtual rear cabin door. Anyway they have my money and I now have two B1900D and C versions which are pretty much the same except for repaints and the under-belly cargo container attached to the B1900C. If the Active Camera doesn't access me into my Passenger cabin view with the demo version then why should I trust that the full purchase version is going to work.I would really be ###### if I spent another $15.00 only to find out I can't access that wonderful rear cabin view that they show on the web site of the B1900C. I won't buy another airplane if I have to dish out another $15.00 on top of their purchase price for their aircraft,it should be a complete working aircraft from the start with NO strings attached.

Guest radiome

I did read the message about ACTIVE CAMERA,pretty slick the way it was written and easily overlooked! As for the ACTIVE CAMERA I did download it and successfully installed it and GUESS WHAT,NO VIRTUAL REAR CABIN!Thats correct no clickable spots on the rear door and no rear cabin VIEW!I used the demo version installed in FS2004 with my B1900C standing on the runway at KSEA and I nevered moved off the runway.I went into the virtual view mode and with my mouse I turned to the rear cabin door and hunted for a CLICK SPOT to click on only to find out there is none to be found.You think I'm going to dish out another $15.00 taking a chance that the full version of Active camera is going to make it work.I'm not riding on the same merry-go-round twice and losing another $15.00.A few days ago I started thinking about all of the purchased add-ons that I have purchased in the last five years or so and it's over $1,500.00 just on add-ons alone.Then I said to myself after seeing your B1900C,ok this is going to be my very last add-on that I will ever purchase for my flightsimming hobby only because it looked very nice now that you added the extra view in the rear cabin so I went ahead and purchase it from you,I already had the B1900D but this looked different and more complete,WRONG!( Active Camera Needed ). Now that I have purchased my second B1900 from you this is going to be my last purchase ever for my flightsimming hobby. I'm not blaming you for my decission,your aircraft was going to be my last and final purchase.As for the B1990 D & C aircraft it is very nice to fly and the cockpit looks great and works great too but for me enough is enough.Anyone else reading this I'm sure you will enjoy the B1900C,its a nice airplane and I wish everyone luck trying to access the rear cabin area.

Guest radiome

Your right! they are and the back cabin doors do open and close but thats as far as you go,no rear cabin seats available. I just reinstalled Active Camera and started FS2004 with my B1900C-passenger VC version and the doors do CLICK OPEN and thats ALL.Before I reinstalled Active Camera I had installed Flight1's Camera and it does the same thing as Active Camera does.With the free Flight1 Camera the doors open and close with no access to the rear passenger area.

Gents - Here's a link to a freeware utility which could be used instead of Active Camera. I haven't tried it myself but as I understand this should work as well. Click on the F1View Utility link to download.http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryHope it helps,

Guest radiome

:-) Thanks I tried it and it does work great,I can now see the cabin area in the rear.

Guest wjjongejan

LSThe F1 View tool is marvellous and freeware. I even managed to go in the toilet in the rear part of the 737 NG an read the text on the wallWim J.Jongejan