Sign in to follow this  
Guest B737Simmer

PMDG 737-800/900: Unable to roll at Vr & V2

Guest B737Simmer

I'm unable to roll and take off 737-800/900 at Vr speed. I've followed all the startup procedures in the cold and dark cockpit. Autothrottle works well and acceleration is accomplised on the runway. But I've noticed that PMDG 737-800/900 seems to take off from the runway only at speeds of 210 kts & above, and well beyond the runway length. Most often if there are obstacles at the end of the runway, I crash into them before taking off. I've tried flap settings upto 30 during takeoff (bizarre) and yet I'm never able to smoothly roll at Vr (143 kts). I've also minimized the cargo and passenger loads the aircraft carries, yet this problem occurs. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?Please advise. Thanks very much.

Obvious questions first - Do you have your trim set to something reasonable (around 5.25 or so usually) and is your joystick calibrated correctly?-stefan

Guest B737Simmer

Thanks for your response...I have trim set at 5.0. Have also tried varying it between 4 & 6.Joystick is well calibrated. It works well for all other built-in aircrafts including default 737-400.- Nick.>Obvious questions first - Do you have your trim set to>something reasonable (around 5.25 or so usually) and is your>joystick calibrated correctly?>>-stefan>

That sounds strange.When you are in spot plane mode, do the elevators/rudder/aerilons move with control inputs?-stefan

Guest B737Simmer

What I meant earlier was that the joystick is calibrated properly and trim is also properly set. But it still doesn't work to roll the PMDG 737-800. However, it works with other aircrafts in FS9.>Thanks for your response...>>I have trim set at 5.0. Have also tried varying it between 4 &>6.>Joystick is well calibrated. It works well for all other>built-in aircrafts including default 737-400.>>- Nick.>>>>Obvious questions first - Do you have your trim set to>>something reasonable (around 5.25 or so usually) and is your>>joystick calibrated correctly?>>>>-stefan>>>

Guest B737Simmer

Yes it is very strange indeed!...it works properly in spot plane mode on the runway. I see the ailerons move. Also, after take off I'm able to control the elevators/rudder/ailerons and the aircraft responds accordingly. But the aircraft doesn't respond to aileron controls and doesn't lift off the runway.>That sounds strange.>>When you are in spot plane mode, do the>elevators/rudder/aerilons move with control inputs?>>-stefan>

Yeah, I got nothin for you then. You could try an uninstall - reinstall.Otherwise, are you taking off on incredibly high altitude airports or something? -stefan

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Check your ZFW. If it's incorrectly calculated/set, your V Speeds will be off. I suggest the PMDG Load Manager, and only if all else fails, the default FS9 fuel and payload menu (remember, empty+payload=ZFW). To be absolutely sure, click the LSK next to ZFW and let the plane auto-calculate it... That should work fine. Just a stab at it. :) Hope it helps.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest glenb

I am sure you checked the wind. Just a thought. It is strange that all the other PMDG 737's work.Wish I had an answer. If you get it worked out, let us know.

Guest alexhn

>Check your ZFW. If it's incorrectly calculated/set, your V>Speeds will be off. I suggest the PMDG Load Manager, and only>if all else fails, the default FS9 fuel and payload menu>(remember, empty+payload=ZFW). >>To be absolutely sure, click the LSK next to ZFW and let the>plane auto-calculate it... That should work fine. If the ZFW if off, and you do rotate prematurely, then i believe that it will take the plane substantially longer to get off the ground.