Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cantuezel

NG737-700: FMC: Clearing ALL data of previous flight?

Guest Cantuezel

Hi,after a flight with the NG737-700 by using the FMC I want to clear the FMC in order to program a new flight into the FMC.What do I have to do to *clear ALL(!) data* of the FMC concerning my last flight?Many thanks in advance :)GreetingsSusan

I believe that the route/FMC is cleared once you insert new departure and destination airports. As for the init ref page, you would usually just over-write the data on that page.

Alaister Kay

Guest neeraj.pendse

I have this question too, and no actually it does not clear everything. The only way to do it is to over-write. The couple of times I tried this, I got very low frame rates (!) and something was amiss in the AP behavior when I took off. So now I start a new FS session for each leg.- Neeraj.

Guest Cantuezel

Well, to start a new FS session each time after ending a leg is not the "smooth" way...but after all I think it`s the only way working Neeraj...:)Perhapes that will be "solved" in a patch to come in the near future...!?2 more questions:1) What about the *real life* B737`s FMC: Is there a command/button to erase all data of a previous leg in the FMC?2) And what about the PMDG737-800/900: Is there the same FMC or a "better" one, specially concerning more functions (ACARs etc.)? Many thanks and a great Saturday...GreetingsSusan

Guest neeraj.pendse

Hey Susan,The panel on the 800/900 is generally better and the FMC models Cost Index like the real world. There is also a TCAS and overall improvements. It's like an update to your whole 737 experience. Whether you pay $27.95 for that is your own judgement. I like it, but I did an impulse buy and I did think it was a bit overpriced. But then again for the amount of effort that is spent in some of these good add-ons, I do not think the prices are that bad overall.But just how much revenue and profits does PMDG make, I wonder. - Neeraj

Guest Cantuezel

Hi Neeraj,>>The panel on the 800/900 is generally better and the FMC>models Cost Index like the real world... >1) I also recognized the "Cost-Index" at the FMC-page:What numbers are allowed to enter at that field? And which cost-index stands for a highly economic FMC-managed flight (lowest price for the Airline) and which one for a most expensiv but fastest flight?>>There is also a TCAS...>2) Well, I just tested my TCAS and I wondered about that:To use the TCAS in PMDG you have to switch the Transponder to "TA/RA" mode:What does "TA" and "RA" into the (TCAS-system) stand for and what are the differences between the 2 TCAS modes?Many thanks again...:)Sunny greetingsSusan

Guest tmetzinger

Susan,Judging by the number of your questions and their content - it seems that you haven't yet taken the time to print out and read the documentation that came with your aircraft, as it would answer all your TCAS questions.Resetting the departure airport on the RTE page clears the route and LEGS. You still need to go through the cycle of selecting your cost index, cruise altitude, departure runway, thrust settings, and calculate your vspeeds again. But you can do this without detrimental effects on your framerates.Cost index - the lower the number, the more emphasis is put on the cost of fuel. The higher the number, the more emphasis is put on the cost of time. Southwest Airlines routinely operates the -700 with a CI of 36.TCAS - TA stands for traffic advisory - meaning you'll get traffic warnings. TA/RA adds the resolution advisory, meaning you'll get given CLIMB or DESCEND instructions to avoid the conflict - there will also be pitch and VS advisories to help you escape.