Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Been away for a while... need help! (pic)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi there,i have a question for you experienced NG captainsIs below attitude correct? or a bit nose up?This shot was taken at 180 KIAS Flaps 5Can anyone please tell me ho do i set "airspeed bugs" in NG? or perhaps they're set automatically by FMC?The only thing i do on approach is to set Vref in INIT >>> APPROACH pageThanks in advance for helpingBTW, why FMC Rwy22ILS freq at EHBK (111.15) doesn't match FS9 freq (108.50)?Luigi ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/117828.jpg

G'Day LuigiIm not an expert on the NG737. But I would say that considering your airspeed, flaps 5 selected and your in level flight. That would be a realistic angle of attack. If you were to speed up, your aircraft would begin to become more level with very little nose up pitch.As for setting speed bugs, this is done in the FMC. On the take-off page. In the 600/700 addon, it used to be set automatically, but if you also have the 800/900, it has to be done manually. There is a good table in one of the manuals that shows you what V1, Vr and V2 should be.Hope this helps you out mate. :)

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Luigi,Welcome back.THe above attitude seems about right. B. Bulfer states in his FMC Guide that the pitch at level flight (=AoA) at 180KIAS and flaps 5 should be approx up 5

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thank you for helping.And, can you please check your FMC DB for Rwy22ILS freq at EHBK? On my pc it doesn't match FS9 freq (108.50) :-(cheersLuigi ;-)

RyanCan't agree with your comment on the 8/900. Speed bugs set up automatically same as 6/700.

>And, can you please check your FMC DB for Rwy22ILS freq at>EHBK? On my pc it doesn't match FS9 freq (108.50) :-(Luigi,The reason for the difference between the FMC db and FS9 freq is probably due to real world AIP changes. The FMC retrieve it's data from the AIRAC cycle (in this case the wpNavAPT file), and the NAV radios(and the DME readout, VOR needle and course deviation indicator)are reading from FS9 bgl files which contain old data. And as you know the AIRAC cycle are up to date.Unless you have an add-on scenery that holds the new ILS frequency, there is another workaround; Open up EHBK in Afcad and change the ILS frequency to 111.55 and save(you can't change the identifier though). Then the FMC and the NAV radios should be "in sync".

Guest oldngray

>Luigi,>>Welcome back.>>THe above attitude seems about right. B. Bulfer states in his>FMC Guide that the pitch at level flight (=AoA) at 180KIAS and>flaps 5 should be approx up 5

Guest oldngray

>I have searched the forum library, and google, but can find no>reference to the FMC Guide by B. Bulfer. I did find (thru>googling)another reference you made to the guide in relation>to the handling of engine fires.>>Do you know if this guide is still available, and if so,>where?>>Thanks.>>don macMats:Found the reference for his books on another thread. The url is http://www.fmcguide.com/ Thanks!don mac

Don,Glad you found the link. If you are serious about learning the NG this book is a must. Also consider the NG Cockpit Companion which will guide you through the rest of the instrumentation and the systems onboard.Cheers,