Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ruahrc

Difference between Download and CD version?

Guest Ruahrc

I have a question regarding the download and CD versions of the PMDG aircraft. What is the difference between the two? I presume that software-wise the two are identical, and that functionality between them is also identical.However, I have seen on some websites (such as www.pcaviator.com) that the CD version includes a printed manual? Is this a printed version of the flight operations and systems manuals, or merely a printed version of an "installation and getting started" type manual? The price of the CD version is usually a few dollars higher than the download version although if it came with full printed manuals I would really consider paying the extra few dollars for them as printing these huge manuals yourself can be costly in itself.Also, is support and upgradeability between the two the same? It is my understanding that PMDG only makes the download version- and that other publishers (such as PCAviator or Aerosoft) have made CD versions of the PMDG aircraft. If PMDG makes updates for the download versions of the aircraft, will I be able to download and apply them to the CD versions of the planes? If I buy the CD version of the 600/700 and then say buy the download version of the 800/900, will I be able to upgrade my 600/700 product?Sorry if some of these questions seem a little obvious... I have bought CD-products in the past which have had this "loophole" in them where I must rely on support from the publisher of the CD product and not the developer of the actual software- so I wanted to make sure before I made a purchase.Ruahrc

Guest Ruahrc

Does anybody know the answer to this? I apologize if I sound hasty but the main reason I was asking is that there is a 10% off sale on PCAviator.com for the long weekend only and I thought it would be a good chance to pick up the PMDG. They only sell the bosed version although after the sale (and free shipping) it is actually cheaper than purchasing the DL version from PMDG. I just want to make sure I don't get a "crippled" product since Aerosoft put this package together and not PMDG themselves.Ruahrc