Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cantuezel

After Upgrading: Cockpit screens become black?

Guest Cantuezel

Hi,after I upgraded to PMDG -800,900 I tried some programming the FMC. Then suddenly sometimes all, sometimes some screens of the cockpit like PFD, ND or the engine display become totaly black and *absolutely no(!)* data is been shown there...I have to save the flight into FS2K4 and reload it afterwards...Is that a known bug after upgrading from PMDG 600/700 to 800/900? Before I upgraded I used the 1.3 Version of 600/700...after upgrading I patched the 800/900 serie with the corresponding service pack 1.Thanks for your help in advance...:)GreetingsSusan

Guest neeraj.pendse

Been using the 800/900 since a couple of weeks, and I have not seen this problem. However, I did not install any Service Packs after installing my 800/900. This looks weird ... hm, you did save a "engine OFF, Avionics ON" default flight with a twin, didn't you?- NeerajPS: Did you notice the wipers? I showed them to my roommate and he instantly declared me crazy. Almost fainted looking at where Flight Sim has come to.

Guest Knikolaes

What happened was you had FSUIPC installed.What you need to do is UNinstall the PMDG 737, then DELETE the FSUIPC module from the folder. Delete ALL the FSUIPC files, NOT just the DLL.You may have to reinstall other payware addons after doing this as their FSUIPC access entries will be lost.Then reinstall the 737, which will install it's own FSUIPC and entries for it.Run FS at least once.Close FS then reinstall the latest FSUIPC module to keep up to date.I have NO clue why this works as a fix, but this works for me every time I have this issue. This is the only fix for this issue.

Guest Cantuezel

Hi Christopher,thanks very much for your help, it worked! :) :)@NeerajYes, I saw that wipers, too...(lol!) :)Do you have any idea how to activate/deactivate them...?Have a nice sunday...Greetings Susan

Guest Knikolaes

Erm . . me thinks they be on the overhead. ARRR! A flying rennie pirate canna be without his wipers, for he needs to see the booty . . .. Ooops . . . Keep forgetting it's an airplane, not a sailship. Heheh. Ren fair is starting here in Colorado so I am now starting to bug folks at work with an accent.Anyway, I believe there are two knobs on the lower area of the overhead -- slow - fast - and off. One knob for pilot and one for copilot.Chris