Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmetzinger

PMDG details...

Guest tmetzinger

1. This is realistic behavior.2. Spoiler logic in FS9 is hopeless, so the behavior you see is what you're stuck with. You must use the mouse to arm/disarm the spoiler, and the / key extends them, and usually Shift-/ returns them to their previous position.3- the takeoff configuration warning horn sounds whenever the throttles are advanced past 40% and you're not properly configured for takeoff, with flaps set, spoilers down (not armed), and there are other items - check the docs. My guess is you have your spoilers armed on the ground.4. That button is for the lower MFD - if you select that option in the PMDG styles menu the buttons may have some use in the VC.5. Whenever you descend before reaching your preset cruise altitude, you get the off-sched descent warning. I know you love your new airplane, but please please please take an hour or two today and read the documentation from cover to cover.

Guest Cantuezel

Hi,>5. Whenever you descend before reaching your preset cruise>altitude, you get the off-sched descent warning. >OK, but why does that warning then comes on the Overhead "*Cabin-pressure/Air Cond.*" -Panel in Auto-mode? I thought that when Cabin press./AC on Auto the the Cabin-pressure will adjust *automatically* whichever Alt the pilot flys...So when there is such "off-sched descent" warning, why it won`t be shown then in the FMC instead of the Climate controll panel...?GreetingsSusan

Susan,You got good answers from two other posters. I just thought I'd fill you in on the AIRCOND message:No, for the automation to work you will have to give it the cruizing altitude and the landing altitude by setting it on the AIRCOND panel on the overhead.Hope it helps,

Guest Cantuezel

Hi Mats,I entered the correct Cruise and Landing Alt in the corresponding AIRCOND-windows and *nevertheless* this strange AIRCOND message appears...When the only reason for that is that I did not reach the planed Cruising Alt (e.g. chose another, lower Crusing Alt) then I still do not understand why the Aircond. gives an error message and not the FMC...?GreetingsSusan

Susan,That's why you get this message. You didn't reach the altitude you entered. It's an advisory warning. It's as it works.Cheers,

Guest Cantuezel

Hi,I just flew some hours around...of course with the brilliant PMDG 800/900 update...:)Some items I didn`t get so far...I looked around in the forum but also did not get an exact answer, so I try it this way...:1) -Spoilers after Landing-After I landed I noticed that the (when touching the RWY) automatically extended ground spoilers of the PMDG also automatically retract when I increase the throttle a bit in order to get taxi speed.Is that behavior *realistic* for a B737?I mean, isn`t it necessary in *real life(!)* to retract the spoilers after landing *manually* by using the *spoiler-lever* at the throttle-bar? 2) -Spoiler retraction...keyboard-command-I think it has been already discussed here but want to become the latest status:After using the *inflight* spoilers by pressing the coressponding key on the keyboard I want to *retract* (and not arm!) the spoilers.But when I press the coressponding key the spoilers "only" go to the "*Armed*" and not(!) to the "*Retracted*" position. I always have to go to the throttle bar and click the spoilers to the retracted position by *mouse*.Is that the same with you, guys? And is that a PMDG bug (which in the mean time has already bean fixed)?3) -Warning sound when taxiing on ground-When I want to give power by increasing the throttle at ground in order to achieve taxi-speed there will be a warning sound (pretty loud!) no matter which flaps/slats position I have.Only when I give very minimal power to the throttle the warning sound won`t come.Can you please explain to me what this warning sound is about and how I can switch it off?4) -Cockit instrument: MFD-Left of the Autobrake panel there is a field which names "MFD". Can you please explain what this stands for and what it is good for?It always says "Inop"...so how can I activate it?5) -Air-Conditioning/ Cabin pressure-When I fly with the PMDG I always use the the Air-Conditioning/ Cabin pressure on the *AUTO* Mode on the overhead panel.I enter the Flight Altitude and the Landing Altitude.Here is my problem: Sometimes (when I change my routing (= fly another route than programmed in the FMC) there comes the warning message at the Master-Warning Panel..."Air Condition" and a warning light lights up at the corresponding Air-Condition panel on the Overhead panel.Then, I always have to adjust the flight altitude *manually(!)* to the Alt I fly at this time although the "Air-Conditioning/ Cabin pressure" is *still* in "AUTO-MODE"!So what do I have to do in order that the Cabin-pressure/Air Cond. also works in those kind of situations...?6) -PMDG Cabin-Modell & Active Camera-a) When I go into the internal cabin view of the PMDG 737 by using the active camera tool I always see the red flashing Anti-Colission lights, which are mounted *outside* on the top of the plane, *inside*(!) the cabin.I do not fly as much but I never recognized that the Anti-Colission light can be seen inside the passenger cabin...:) :)So is that a bug or can the flashing red Anti-Colission light really been seen inside the cabin?:( Finally, when I open the front (passenger) door (Main exit) of the PMDG (I chose a stair-modell) and I look with the external view to the PMDG, the front (passenger)door (Main exit) is displayed correctly *with* the open door.But when I go inside the passenger cabin (with Active Cam) and look at the front door from inside it is still dispayed as being *closed(!)*...Is this a kind of "PMDG modelling bug" or what do I have to do in order that the front passenger door (Main exit) is also been displayed "open" from the internal cabin-view?Many thanks for your help...:)Sunny greetings Susan