Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cantuezel

"Unable to achieve (FMC) descend path"

>What is the "IVSI", what kind of cockpit instrument is that>and where can I find it on the PMDG 737 cockpit? On the ND. It is a simple white vertical bar with a little magenta pointer next to it. It shows you graphically how well the airplane is maintaining the prescribed VNAV path and how much deviation there is. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest Cantuezel

Thanks for the fast answer! :)What does the abbreviation "IVSI" stand for?Greetings Susan

Susan,I should have more clear. "VNAV Bug" is a known software "bug" in the PMDG airplane's VNAV mode. When in a VNAV PTH descent a magenta target bug will appear on the Vertical Speed Indicator on the PFD. This is not right. The only time it is OK to see a magenta target bug on the VSI is when in Vertical Speed (VS) mode. Like I said, earlier, if you see it, VNAV will quit functioning. To fix it, push the VNAV button off then back on. The magenta target bug will disappear and VNAV will function properly again. You may have to do this a few times during the descent.Frankly, it would be nice to see this fixed some day.Floyd

Michael,Accually what you describe is the Vertical Deviation scale and Pointer that appears on the right side of the ND during a VNAV PTH Descent.Insead of IVSI, I should of just said VSI of the PFD.Floyd

Guest jase439

Agreed. But after the 747 :D

i only find a tick box for download real weather winds aloft, what do i put in the DES page of the FMC - where do i get this data from?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram