Sign in to follow this  
Guest neeraj.pendse

ILS Frequency "scratched off by a line" on PFD?

Guest neeraj.pendse

Ever since I got the 800/900, the ILD freq written on the top left corner of the PFD seems to be "scratched off" by a horizontal line through the middle ... A/P Approach mode worked fine. Autoland did not work on KPVD Runway 23, but have not tried anywhere else ... I have been hand flying a lot these days.Anyone knows?- Neeraj

Guest ahmedem

You need the ILS freq tuned into NAV1 and NAV2 radios and you will also need to set the ILS course (given on the Approach page of the FMC) into your course window on the MCP.The yellow ILS freq with a line through it appears on the PFD when these requirements are not met, you will not be able to carry out an Autoland if this is the case.

Guest tmetzinger

>Ever since I got the 800/900, the ILD freq written on the top>left corner of the PFD seems to be "scratched off" by a>horizontal line through the middle ... A/P Approach mode>worked fine. Autoland did not work on KPVD Runway 23, but have>not tried anywhere else ... I have been hand flying a lot>these days.>>Anyone knows?>>- NeerajThis is a bug - the display should be different - I don't have my guide with me, but I think it should only be yellow with a line through it when there's no signal or some other mismatch. Then it should be yellow (with no line through it) when only ONE nav radio is tuned, and "normal" when both nav radios are tuned to the same frequency.I will check the guide and correct myself when I get home this afternoon.

Guest neeraj.pendse

Thanks everyone for the reply! Sorry about the double post ... a slight slip of the mouse and the button got clicked twice by mistake.- Neeraj