Sign in to follow this  
Guest frochette

Multi screen

Susan,>Do you know what component to upgrade in order to achieve also>good FPS on *both* monitors? AFAIK there are no components invented as of today that will get good FPS with two outside views on two monitors. It's way too resource hungry a setup to run smoothly.Cheers,

To get a more discrete lighting when flying at night, I use:1) a set of small led lamps that produces a gentle red light over my goflight stuff on the middle console2) one of those lamps, almost the shape of a cigar, that you use to light up paintings or bookshelves. This is directed toward my middle console where I put charts and papers3) a keyboard which has backlit buttons.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

When I try to use PMDG 737 with another monitor- I undock the panel I want and when I transfer it to the other desktop the cursor changes to a hourglass and is trying to load something. When I move back to main monitor the hourglass is still there and everything slows down. Have tried re-install, loading fs then cessna then PMDG and a lot of variations, Any one any ideas??:) :)

Denis,I've had this from time to time with both nVidia and ATI cards. It seems to be some kind of glitch with the video drivers and a restart of Windows and a fresh FS start helps me every time.Hope it helps,

Guest tmetzinger

>Denis,>>I've had this from time to time with both nVidia and ATI>cards. It seems to be some kind of glitch with the video>drivers and a restart of Windows and a fresh FS start helps me>every time.>>Hope it helps,I have two monitors off a single ATI card, and tried adding a second PCI Video card. It worked ok and I got good FPS but stutters with the additional card. I believe the problem was caused by the video card sharing interrupts with a hard disk controller. With XP pro it's not possible to manually re-assign interrupts on a modern motherboard - you have to move cards around and there just aren't enough slots.I may give it another go by adding a second SATA drive in place of two IDE drives I have, freeing up a controller card and PCI slot.I believe Matrox makes a single card that will drive three monitors.

Guest Cantuezel

Thanks very much for all your detailed answers, guys...! :) :)@Mats>The second computer is running WideCLient and thus shows a FS >interface for the programs installed on that PC. I run: >...>- SquawkBox (www.squawkbox.ca) for connecting to VATSIM for online >flying and ATCDo you know which Windows client program I have to use in order to connect to online flying via *IVAO*? Or is Squawkbox3 able to connect both VATSIM and IVAO?@Krister(Cockpit lighting at home)>...>1) a set of small led lamps that produces a gentle red light over >my goflight stuff on the middle console>That sounds very interesting, Krister. I would also like to give it a try. So how did you construct your "LED" lighting? Especially I would like to know how many red LEDs of which mA you use and what kind of "power supply unit" you supply the LED bank with (how many Volts...e.g. 12-16V etc)? Or is there someting "ready to buy" in the stores...?! :) :)Thanks againGreetingsSusan

I bought it from an online store here in Scandinavia but the stuff is made by OSRAM so you should find it where you live too.This is a link to the LED I bought:http://www.elfa.se/elfa-bin/setpage.pl?htt....htm?_33_620_68and this is the powersupplyhttp://www.elfa.se/elfa-bin/setpage.pl?htt...89.htm?_33_640_I know absolutely nothing about electronics but it only took me a few minutes to get it up and working. It's a matter of soldering a cable onto the led strip, connect the other end of the cable to the powersupply and then another cable (with a circuit breaker) from the powersupply to the wall outlet. Et voil

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Cantuezel

Thanks for your realy fast info! :) :)GreetingsSusanPS: I know absolutely nothing about electronics , too! (Big grin!) :)

>3) Both of you use the same flight choke, when I watched it>right. Could you tell me what is the name (brand etc.) and if>it is automatically shipped with pedals?Susan,Just to say that myself, I purchased the CH Products(Yoke+Pedals)when I was learning to fly on my own.Later, I had the chance to learn how to fly the PMDG 737NG on my own PC with a real pilot . The pilot never used a minute these products from Gate to Gate including pushback, taxi, take off, cruising, landing, taxi and back to gate. Today they take some dust on my table.:-)I never use them anymore, nore any kind of joysticks( I must have some 4-5 pieces).The little addon I learned to use is rcbgh32a.zip. You will find it in the library under FS2004/Gauges. It requires attention when installing. Just try it once and enjoy.It is true that when we learn, often we go with unecessary expenses, but this is part of the hobby, so never a regret.I have enjoyed these treads about the multiple monitors. Very clear explanations. Thank you all.Rakham