Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cantuezel

MCP: Alt-, Speed Intv

Guest Cantuezel

Hi,I finally finished my "discover tour" through the MCP-board...:)Could you just explain what the the knobs...- Alt Intv (Invertation?)- Speed Intv...are for (function) and how I can use them properly (in which inflight-situations)?Many thanks...GreetingsSusan

Guest jase439

Intervention. Allows you to assume manual control of Speed and Altitude while in VNAV mode. All covered in the manual.

Guest jase439

Seriously, for all the time you spend posting here writing these messages, Susan, you could have read the manual thrice! Go find a comfortable chair and a warm blanket and curl up with an operating handbook for an evening. It is time well spent.

Guest Cantuezel

Well guys,as I said before it is not so easy for me to understand that technical english, also there is not only one but many, many manuals to read...I know what you now think: She is only lazy (laughing!) :) :)But that is defenately not true...!!! :)But after I read and read many pages at many different manuals to solve a problem (e.g. the TOGA Activation button) and I DID NOT find it...I ask it right away at the forum here...maximum mea culpa...(please, don`t take it seroius...):)GreetingsSusan

Guest carlonch

Hello Susan:I must say, the more I read the manuals the more filled with questions is my mind. So what I do is having piece by piece this cake. It is what I do: take off after programming a short route on the FMC, once airborne start trying what you are reading about, it helps have FS2004 on windowed mode. Read the manuals, identify and use it, push, turn on, off. It doesn

Guest jase439

Here's a tip:1. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader2. Press CTRL+F to bring up the Find window3. In the "Phrase" box, type "ALT INTV"4. Select the radio button called "All PDF documents in..."5. Open the drop down box just below that and select "Browse for Location" and select the folder containing your PMDG manuals6. Check the box "Whole Words Only"7. Click SearchInstantly you will be shown a comprehensive list of manuals and page references which contain information about "ALT INTV". All you have to do is "click and read".Easy as pie.J

Guest jase439

This search turned up the following information:Altitude Intervention Switch: The ALT INTV button can be pressed to the following effect: During a climb or descent, pushing the ALT INTV button will delete the next waypoint altitude constraint between the airplane and the altitude displayed in the ALT window. (For example: during a step descent, pressing the altitude selection knob will delete the next level off point in the FMC flight plan, provided it is above the MCP altitude displayed in the ALT window.) If climbing, and no waypoint related altitude restrictions exist, pressing the ALT INTV button will transfer the MCP ALT value to the FMC and overwrite the FMC altitude. The aircraft will level at the MCP altitude. When pushed during cruise, the ALT window value will be transferred to the FMC flightplan and the new altitude becomes the cruise altitude. If in VNAV ALT or VNAV PTH modes, VNAV will automatically initiate the required climb or descent.

Guest Cantuezel

>Here's a tip:>>...>5. Open the drop down box just below that and select "Browse>for Location" and select the folder containing your PMDG>manuals...As I said before:*My* problem is *which* manuals are meant!And where on the web can I find a side with *all* manuals for the PMDG (complete)? Or do you think it is necessary to download *all* tutorials/manuals which can be found on the PMDG Http?Thanks and greetingsSusan

Guest tmetzinger

>>Here's a tip:>>>>...>>5. Open the drop down box just below that and select "Browse>>for Location" and select the folder containing your PMDG>>manuals...>>As I said before:>>*My* problem is *which* manuals are meant!>>And where on the web can I find a side with *all* manuals for>the PMDG (complete)? Or do you think it is necessary to>download *all* tutorials/manuals which can be found on the>PMDG Http?>>Thanks and greetings>>Susan>>yeesh... all the manuals were installed on your computer when you installed the product. Look on your start menu, they're there somewhere.