Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCSIGDA

1900C-Need help capturing glideslope

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi all,The problem I am having is this, upon capture of the needle (I am below the glideslope)the nose of the plane pitches up, then the glideslope needle goes way below me.I have tried it at different speeds, flap settings,and gear up or down.I take off with full fuel, then do a 15 mile curcuit, the try and land. Maybe to much fuel in tanks.I usually capture the LOC first so I am at a speed of 160, Flaps 20 (second notch) and then lower the landing gear, now I am ready to capture the gligeslope. I will be in ALT Sel mode and APP mode, then just before capture I remove the ALT Sel mode (I think I have to do this or the GS will not capture at all, it stays in ALT Sel mode), APP and GS are showing in green and ready.Can someone please take the time and show me the proper procedure on completing a ILS approach. The speeds, flap settings, and when to put the landing gear down are all wrong for me. I will try removing fuel to 3/4. Thanks a bunch,

Guest Knikolaes

Ah -- ya stated yer own issue **smiles**Do NOT be in ALT select mode. Before attempting the approach, once you are at your altitude you want to intercept at go from ALT SELECT to just ALT. Get off select mode or she'll wonder when you go for GS capture.I had the same issue, though in the B1900C and D I rarely use AP to do an ILS, I use the AP just for cruise. B1900 is SO much fun to fly either way though, aint she?Anyway try that and see if it helps. ALT SELECT basically tells the AP that you want it to "chase" any new alt entries, while ALT just holds her at a steady altitude. If you are just in ALT then she'll hold steady until GS capture.

Guest VCSIGDA

Thanks a bunch for your help Christopher,I tried as you said and I can now capture the glideslope, You are right, this beech 1900C is one of the best aircraft I have flown on the computer, I feel like I am in the real plane. I was getting very frustrated with this issue, but thank God for other pilots to learn from.Happy flying,

Guest XM DUDE

I hand flew with the command bars in approach mode int KLAX 25 left and it guided me below glide slope, so I had to just ignore the command bars on that approach.

Guest Knikolaes

Aye she is indeed a fun bird to fly. I am starting a small review page where I review all the opayware aircraft (and soon to be scenery as well) and put it on a section of my web site. I will be choosing a "best of class" for various types of aircraft, and i am sure PMDG's B1900 series takes the cake in smaller class regional turboprops.Now for the larger size prop-liners, the decision between flight1's ATR and PSS Dash 8 are going to be very close. Heheh but i'll save that for my web site.As for the issue with "drifting below thebars", are you sure on that approach your speed wasnt a little slow? I never had that issue before axcept when i forget that i may have more payload than usual and the typical power settings need to be upped a bit.