Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexhn

747 ER model + engine types

Guest alexhn

i cannot see it in the feature list - will PMDG include an ER model of its 744, and indeed, will it model each different engine varient (RR, GE, etc)

Guest alexhn

bump

Alex,This snipped directly from the 747 site:"GMax 747-400/400D Models - Accurately modeled down to the smallest detail complete with high resolution textures and three different engine variants"Should answer your questions.Hope it helps,

Guest alexhn

is the GE engine the ER engine, or is an entirely different thing?

Guest flight78

Hi ! i thought u guys also said it would be an F model??? according to some people it will be. Now are you saying it wont be one?? and what about the combi model yes or no to that one?.Best regards:Alexander

Alex,I'm not involved in the development. I'm just trying to do as many loopings as possible without any parts breaking loose when they throw a plane at us.The information the development team has decided to release is on the site. If that doesn't answer your questions you may have to wait until they release another set of data or until the release. Or you might want to do a search on this forum using some clever combination of key words.Hope it helps,

Alexander,Who are the U guys? ;-)I would go by what the official PMDG site says until anything else is said by official PMDG people. I would not trust anything that 'some' people say.Cheers,

Guest alexhn

i just did a search like you said Mats, and it appears that PMDG won't do an ER. If this won't take place, is there any config file moderations, or anything of the such i could do with the base 744 in order to fly the Melbourne -> Los Angeles non-stop Qantas route i love so much? :(

I'm sure they will release all types of the 744, maybe not all at once. But why would they go to all this trouble and not include the most popular variant?

Guest Boaz

The non ER would be able to fly the SYD-LAX route with out any trouble...Also PMDG spoke of the ER, mentioning that it would recuire a whole new cockpit.GE is an engine variant for the original B744, the ER is simply not available with anything but GE engines.Qantas flies with RR on their B744s, Virgin flies with GE on their B744s and United flies with PW on their B744s, each airline has their prefered engine, sometimes even, they mix.So I bet someone would repaint a B744 with GE engines in Qantas colors, I promise you ;-)Boaz...

Why would they need to redo the whole cockpit? Other than changing from crt to lcd for the primary flight displays and lcd from anologue for the AFDS, the cockpit is exactly the same.Every new 747-400 off the production line regardless of variant all feature the new lcd displays, so it would be good if we could have that option as well on the base model.Gary

Guest alexhn

well if they dont include it, hopefully they will release a 20 dollar expansion pack or something a month or so afterward just including an ER.

Guest wfr

I don't think that the ER will be included. It's not just the LCD-Screens, there are many other detailed changes compared with the normal 400-series. With the PMDG-complexity level in mind, it would almost mean to program a new aircraft!Walter

Guest Boaz

PMDG has been asked before, they said no.But they are planning to do the B744F and I think the COMBI will be included in that release as well... Correct me PMDG if I have been mistaken...Boaz...