Sign in to follow this  
andrew_c

PMDG slight problem

While flying flightplanned route, the plane appears to vear off course even though I have it programmed. Here are some photos of the cockpit and FSNav.pmdgwtfone.jpgpmdgwtftwo.jpgpmdgwtfthree.jpga>a>a>a>img][http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/crazyfoo88/pmdgwtfseven.jpg[/imgI just did a complete reinstall of FS2004 yesterday so I believe that is part of the problem. Hopefully someone can help explain this, if it is regular or something I need to look into.Thanks!Andrew C

Andrew,This is known and is due to a systems anomaly regarding great circle navigation. When flying between waypoint far apart, as it appears you are doing, you will see the effect of this. Hope it helps,

I reinstalled all of my software, upadated everything and it appears to be working fine again.Thanks for the help,Andrew C

Andrew,Thats good. By the looks of your screen shots your 737 probably didn't have all the proper updates installed anyway. I say this because on the FMA it shows VNAV PT instead of VNAV PTH. It should show VNAV PTH. Does it now?Good luck.Floyd

Andrew,The altimeter box under the altimeter band is yellow meaning you never pushed the BARO knob on the EFIS control panel when the airplane climbed through FL180. If you push the BARO knob, then this yellow box will change to a green STD. During descent and passing through FL180, push this knob again to go back to the current altimeter setting.Good luck.Floyd

Yeah, but your FMA still shows VNAV PT.Good luck.Floyd

Also Andrew, I noticed on your screen shot that there is no fuel in the wing tanks and the center tank has 11,000 lbs. Fuel management: Always burn the fuel from the center tank first, then the wing tanks.Good luck,Floyd