Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevesj

737 wont capture llz

Guest stevesj

HiPlease can you help me, I just can't figure out whats' going on here...My B737 (base pack latest version) wont capture the localizer on the approach. I think I am doing everything right,ILS frequency in both nav radiosCRS & HDG to r/w headingA/P on F/D onLOC switch onEFIS APP modeFlying at minimal clean speedI am flying below the g/s beam to capture.The aircraft is landing on the grass to the left of the runway at more than 2 airports that I have tried. I have tried other a/c, to see if my sim installation was messed up but they are ok.My PC is WIN xp with a high spec, so I have no shortage of power and frame rate.Any ideas appreciatedCheersSteve

Guest glenb

Steve,Which airports?

Guest stevesj

Tried Heathrow EGLL and Liverpool EGGPCan the airport make a difference, what are your thoughts here ?Steve

Guest glenb

Steve,I asked which airports because there are some where the LOC is not in alignment with the runway, ILS/DME RWY 21 at FLG. That is not the case for the ones you list.There have been other posts in this forum about runway alignment. You may find what you are looking for from a search.Sorry I could not be more help.

Steve,By the look of your landing "check-list" it seems that you are flying straight into the LOC beam? Try to approach the LOC beam from a 30

>Tried Heathrow EGLL and Liverpool EGGPAre they the default airports or have you got Gary Summers' excellent UK2000 scenery (quick plug :-smile12)? If the latter you probably need new afcads.

Guest stevesj

GlenI see now, offset LLZ, no not in this case, but thanksBillI have GS for North England in FS2K2 only, so I doubt this is the problem, as it occurs in FS9 at Heathrow, but thanksTimI will try your suggestion, but I (sort of)hope this isn't the case as it isn't very realisticCheersSteveps - I think I will uninstall Gary Summons scenery temporary just to see.please keep any other ideas coming, this one has got me ;-)

This is your problem: CRS & HDG to r/w heading.HDG can be set to anything - it doesn't have an effect. However, CRS must be set to the defined CRS heading for the runway, not the r/w heading. (example: CRS heading may be 247 for runway 25R)The FMC will tell you the correct heading, once you've tuned to the ILS freq.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest stevesj

Hi BillYes I know to have the exact CRS, perhaps I didn't make that clear.I did a short flight in Germany last night at the LOC settled on the r/w OK. So it's my UK airports that are at fault. I have recently d/l Simon Butler's procedures from navdata.at. Are they wrong or do I need to do something else ??Also, does the PMDG SID/STAR d/l (on this site) have to 'line up' with the same version of AIRAC ??ThanksSteve