Sign in to follow this  
Guest robfather

TripleHead2Go & 3 screens vs Projector and screen

Guest robfather

Hi,I am thinking of expanding the ouside views and would like to hear opinions and pro's and cons of using either of the 2 approaches above. I don't have any experience with either product and am looking for the most flexible solution that will provide a good FOV and make the experience more realistic. Curently using the 737NGMany thanks in advance,Rob

I recommend TripleHead2Go and 3 Projectors.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Rob,my advice would be... If you are planning on flying with 2D panels, use a projector for the outside view and normal TFT displays for the panels.If you'd like to fly in virtual cockpit, use a TripleHead2Go together with TrackIR. These days you can get 19 inch TFTs with just some 6.7mm thin frames around the display, perfect for that setup.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hi Rob,I am using a projector with a 1.80 meter wide and 1.3 meter high screen with a 22" monitor on the side. If you place your projector in such a way that your screen is truly at the hight of the panel in the plane (and this can be achieved with a projector where you can "shoot" at an angle you select yourself both vertically and horizontally), you can literally immerse yourself in the 3D cockpit. I tried many setups including the large LCD or multi-screens, but this is the one that really delivers the true experience for me.Adding Track IR is a bit more challenging given the dimension of the screen, but their support gave me a tip - that I have yet to experiment - to locate the device behind me and reverse the detection, instead of putting it on top of the screen (this is too high for the detector).The feature you need to be very careful about when selecting your projector is what are the maximum angles you can rectify your image with, so as to keep a perfectly rectangular shape on your screen with no distortion. I tried the setup in the shop before buying in my case. Good luck!

Guest robfather

Thanks Guys,With the projector set-up can you still have the left and right forward views as part of the outside views. DOes it excpend the views like Triplehead2go?ThanksRob