Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

FS2002 with gitters

Had frame rates of 25 until recently which have now drop to 3 fps every time I change heading or attitude. Once I maintain heading and attitude the frame rates are steady at around 25. Have not changed any of my settings. I did update my video card drivers recently. I'm using the latest nvidia drivers from their web site (29.42) Any help is appreciated.1.5 Ghz Processor40 Gig hard drive64Mb nvidia GeForce3 Ti-200 video card768 Mb of SDRAM

When you updated your vid drivers, did you uninstall the old ones prior to the update? If so, what method did you follow? Have you tried to revert back to your older drivers as well?-John

Had the same think happen to me, made no changes to my setup, no new drivers or software of any kind.In the end I did a re-install of FS no prob since, touch wood!I guess not what you wanted to hear!

I went into control panel and used add/remove programs. I did this befor installing the new drivers.

Yes, uninstalled FS2002 and the did a reinstall. Still have the same gitter problems. What drivers do you recommend for my video card?

What drivers do you recommend for my video card?

John,I have a similar problem:I encounter once in a while some stutters,not only in FS2002,in any game and on my desktop and when browsing (anywhere).really short stutters(no lovkups),do you think this also has something to do with drivers?is detonator destroyer the best program to cure this problem?

First, I've had my best success with the 21.83's....Can you think of anything else that may be tied to the change in FS's performance? Have you added any non-FS products? Any changes to your desktop settings? Have you scanned your system for spyware using a product like Adaware--some of that can DL behind the scenes?Also, do you have a high speed connection to the Internet? Have you tried disconnecting, on the outside chance someone's trying to drill into your system?Last, have you checked your free memory? One member here started getting the stutters, and it turned out his system was reporting only 128M out of his 256M installed--turned out to be a loose chip, which in turn was triggering writes to the swap file...-John