Sign in to follow this  
Guest Philip Olson

Beta for the 747?

Guest AJ

I cannot speak specificaly for PMDG, but typically, beta testers are usually unpaid volunteers. Their "payment" is that they get to see the product early, and typically receive a complementary copy of the product once it is complete.

Guest ahmedem

I did receive an insight into beta testing from one beta tester who wishes to remain anonymous.I can now exclusively reveal the true horror that these poor persons must endure.Firstly they are all sent to a secret location (usually a small Hawaiian Island). There is no one on this island apart from the beta testers and some beautiful young Hawaiian ladies to serve them pina coladas and laugh at all their aviation related jokes.Shockingly they will of course have to bring their own laptops and PC's to do the testing on.Due to the obvious stresses that the beta testers have to endure during this time they are compensated at the pitiful rate of $1million a day. This will vary from tester to tester. There are also rumours that they receive a free copy of the final product but my source declines to comment on these rumours for fear of reprisals.I hope for the sake of the beta testers that these comments do not further inflame the situation.

Guest Philip Olson

Oh no, you all misunderstand, how much do I have to pay PMDG to beta test the 747? I have two choices here, either I can buy my way into beta testing or I am going to have to buy a real 747 in order to train for PMDG's release. I have found that N172UA an old 747-422 is up for sale right now but I would hate to have to buy it, use it to train for the PMDG offering and then turn around and sell it again. I want to get into a 747 now and it seems those are my only choices. I figure that buying into a beta position is going to cost me at least the same amount as purchasing that old United Airlines plane so I am not sure what to do. Do any of you have any suggestions? Thanks!!!!!!! As you can tell I woke up on the smart a## side of the bed today, I hope you all will forgive my jokes!Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest glenb

Philip,I did not realize you were joking. Maybe we could go in together on the United 747. After all it takes two to fly. That may also be true of the PMDG 747 given all the info about its realism.I too am waiting for the 747 and hope they will then turn their attention to upgrading the 737NG with all the features we expect on the 747.You don

Most software companies have paid QA testers, production testers, etc. I use to work in the software industry and did that for almost 2 years. I had enough working 100+ hrs a week for less than 15 bucks an hour. Smaller software like this has to rely on volunteers because the money they make themselves off the add-ons isn't that great because of the small market of people who will purchase it.Hopefully the 747 is so advanced and so great that it brings more attention to the flight sim community, and brings more buyers to the market. But I am almost 100% positive almost all the testers here are doing it for free.

Guest Philip Olson

Glen, Maybe if we go ahead and buy the real 747, take Robert and the rest of PMDG up in it, they will let us have a copy early? What do you think? :-) Yes I would imagine that posts such as this could serve to drive up the price, Robert is thinking "hmmm, these guys have the money to buy the real thing so why not make a little more money off of it?". :-lol Well in my opinion no matter what the cost it will be worth it! Well I guess I better call up the people selling the real thing because I need my 747 fix! :-)Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest neeraj.pendse

>>You don

Guest ZOTAN

Im hoping its 50 dollars or less, otherwise I wont be able to get it when it first comes out.

We are not being paid lol! The honor of being able to test and help perfect PMDG's aircraft is more than enough for me.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com