Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

IVAO and TCAS. Can I get online traffic to display on my ND?

Hi guys.Simple question. I fly online alot with the two biggest organizations around: ivao and vatism. Both have recently developed breakthrough connection interface programs that make online simming very simple. I have noticed that vatsim's squawkbox permits online traffic to be displayed on my 737NG's TCAS on the MAP/ND. However, the same does not hold true for ivao. They have a separate window that can be opened (like a map view for example) which shows surrounding traffic on a stand-alone tcas program, but I do not receive the traffic on my ND/map. And yes, TCAS on the EFIS is selected "on" and the the xponder is set to TA/RA. So I would like to know if there's anything I can do to make IVAO traffic display properly within my PMDG-original TCAS and not just IVAO's stand-alone program (the pilot client software above mentioned).Thank you so much in advance.Best Regards,Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Hi Victor,IVAO multi-player traffic does indeed appear in the NG's navigation display. This feature exists from the first public beta of the client program. I suggest you download the latest version of IVAP and read its documentation. A good place to look for a solution to your problem is their forum.Fly safe,Nikos

Guest normanvdm

Hi guys,Don't want to bring up the VATSIM/IVAO disscussion so lets not start about that. SB3 with VATSIM does show traffic on the TCASCheerio,Norm

Guest Erups

First: by default the NG does not show ALL the traffic, no matter if you are online (whatever the network) or offline.Second: by default the NG does show the traffic generated by IVAP providing you haven't set the option (in ivap) "use FSUIPC table", this should be left disabled.Should you want to see each traffic, you have to go in the PMDG menu and apply the setting "show all traffic".

Thank you Nikos and Claudio. I will look into it. But apparently there's someting wrong because my iavp settings are set the way you mentioned they should be so that I can get the traffic on my NG display and I'm still not receiving anything. Perhaps it's related to the problem you mentioned in the PMDG menu. I will try that out tonight. I did not really understand Norm's reply because he made it seem as if my post was an invitation to start discussing vatsim and ivao; which it wasn't. Merely a genuine question.Thank you once again for your help.Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest martyleach

Hi.The traffic Ivap generates can be classed as 'AI/Multiplayer' traffic. To display this traffic on the PMDG tcas, all you have to do is tick 'Show FS Multiplayer traffic' (and not FSUIPC) under the main FS PMDG menu.Use of the Ivap 'Populate FSUIPC tcas tables' is optional if using the above method.Additionally, the amount of traffic displayed on the ND will be limited to whatever range you've set under the Ivap config.Hope this helps,