Sign in to follow this  
Guest baman

PMDG 737NG All variants

Guest baman

Hello,I am new to the forum, so I hope this is not too much of a stupid question. My question is that I wish to set my barometric pressure so that I can use the QNH (hectopascals) information provided by ATC within the Radar Contact programme and not 'Altimeter' (inches of mercury) information provided by ATC FS2004. I have looked through the forum and cannot see a thread for this topic, so apologies if there is one and have also read the PMDG manual. In the manual it suggests that there is a simple rotating two position outer ring on the Barometric Reference Selector. I have tried to get this to work but it simply increases or decreases the barometric reading.Thanks in advance for any relies.

Guest frankathl

Hi 'baman'Yes, there is an outer 2 position switch for changing between inches(IN) and hectopascals(HPA). The easiest way to get this to work is to click ABOVE(rather than on) the switch, where the word "BARO" appears(your mouse pointer must have the hand shape). When doing this, look closely and you will notice the switch 'pointer' flipping back and forth between IN and HPA, and the indication on your PFD will change accordingly.Clicking anywhere on the switch itself usually activates the middle rotary knob, which has the effect of changing the barometric altitude setting, as you experienced. Pushing the center of the switch(where it says, 'STD') will set the standard barometric setting(29.92 in.Hg/1013 HPa), as I'm sure you know.BR,FrankPS Please sign your real name, as required by the rules of this forum.

Hi,To select hectopascals you turn the barometric reference selector knob which is located in the top right hand corner of the glareshield (look under EFIS control panel controls - Flight Instrument Displays in the cockpit and systems area of the manual).(PS. don't forget to include your name in any forum messages)

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest baman

Hi Frank,Very many thanks for your quick and helpful reply, I have tried it and it works! Now I do feel a bit of a plonker, but hey.Sorry about the lack of name.BestDave

Guest baman

Hi Mervyn,Thanks for the help, all sorted now. Feel bit of a plonker though.Sorry about the lack of name.BestDave

Guest frankathl

No need to feel silly, Dave, those switches are pretty small! As I recall, I had the same problem once. Hmmm..., so that means I must be a plonker, too (chorus of agreement from those who claim to know me!):-):-).Anyway, glad to help.BR,Frank