Sign in to follow this  
crvm

BETA BETA BETA

Guest flight78

Hi Adrian i know the ALT window wont change by itself i know the pilot need to change it of course !. Iam not sure what you mean by this (The MCP will only default to 200/000/10000 when power is first applied (the bus that powers the MCP). Could u be so kind to please explain alittle bit better what you mean.Regards:Alexander

No Michael,He surely meant DUs. Take another, closer look ;-)Cheers,

>>He surely meant DUs. Take another, closer look ;-)>sorry but I have no clue what DU is.Michael J.

Display Units. The big, squarish TV-screens often seen in modern cockpits. ;-)Cheers,

Guest yawdamper

What I mean is that when you power up the bird, the MCP will default to 200 (speed) 000 (heading) and 10000 (altitude) regardless what it was set to prior to shutting down. This is the only time the altitude windows will change on its own. The heading window can change by itself when you intercept a localizer using the MCP. The speed window can change by itself in VNAV or when selecting FLCH.Cheers,Adrian

Guest flight78

Thank you so much for explaining that :) now i totally understand :).Take care !:)Best regards:Alexander

why are ppl developing an attitude on these boards? im not a real life pilot but i love FS and PMDG 737NG - this plane looks incredible and id settle for a 747 model with 737NG systems! i know ppl are expecting perfection but looking at these screens i really dont see how ppl can pick faults its AMAZING!!! ha just wait until they put a price tag on it i bet ppl will complain about that too!!PMDG rock!!

Guest Debosonic

I am very happy that PMDG has been working on the 747-400.I recently bought the Airliner World Special MAgazine on the Jumbo JEt and I am very excited about this release.I have been purchasing all major airliner add-ons for FS, including the 737 NG series from PMDG.My latest one was the A380 from Wilco and what a huge dissapointment that was.I am sure that the PMDG offering will 'break the box offices' and make PMDG quite a fortune! And rightly so, if the above screenshots are considered.Good Luck with the beta testing and...yes my hand is getting cramps from holding the credit card....!!LAst year I had the chance to be on a 747-400 Thai Airways flight from VTBD to VTSP, and what an impression that made on me. Unfortunately this year I get to repeat that flight (as A PAX of course) but it would be on an Airbus. Pity.All the best wishes to all involved in bringing us the 747-400.I hope for a THAI livery. (the old one)

Guest Knikolaes

The fluffiness that relates to the fluffy nature of the fluffy flight will fluff indeed.I am extremely pleased by the fluffiness of this panel and the even more soft fluffiness of the model, and will be so fluffy when i am flying this fluffy machine.My fluffy thanks to the fluff team for making this such a fluffy smooth add-on for FS, and I am fluffing my pillows with drool as I think of flying this bird.<<<<>>>> - Because I mispelled one of my fluffies.

Guest Babubhai

Weirdo LOL

Guest Pyjamas

>Weirdo LOLI second that.Nice plane/Panel. Main cockpit windows look a bit longer than they should, maybe just my eyes.can't complain :-)

Guest PittsburghII

You are referring to the switching of the EICAS? At first I thought you were referring to the FMC, where engines are rated at 0K. Made me wonder if PMDG has invented a type of aircraft that does not need thrust to fly :(Boaz :-)KSEA

> Some flaps and one exterior shot. The flaps animation is>unlike anything else, be prepared for accuate deploying>times!~>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/119455.jpg>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/119456.jpg>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/119457.jpg>>[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]>>Are the flaps actually being "deployed" at the correct speeds for each flap setting in the flight model, or is this just faked in the visual effect in the model and flap lever and position indicators?So what you may be seeing Randy is a visual effect, while the flight model flap movements are just an even fraction of the total flap deployment time. So in reality it is taking the same amount of time to move the flaps from 0-1 and 1-5 and 5-15, etc. even though visually you are seeing them apparently move with the correct timings for each position.

Guest Knikolaes

Oi? Define wierd as opposed to fluffy **smiles**

>I have a calibrated monitor and i'm not seeing pink.I am not seeing pink either. Very pleasant an very believable panel lighting. Michael J.