Sign in to follow this  
Guest NZPPL

VOR/LOC versus APP

Guest NZPPL

Greetings I am a new PMDG user and new to this forum so If I make any errors please be tolerant.I fly PMDG 737-600 & 700 in FS2002. During One and Two Channel APP approaches once the glidescope is captured and the APP light is out the VOR/LOC illuminates and I lose the ILS decent profile unless I can quickly recapture the ILS with APP before the AC flies out of ILS capture range.This happens about 3 or 4 times on a ILS approach from about 3,000 ftGrateful for any helpNZPPLJohn Hislop

hi Johnyou really should capture the localiser first, then the glidescopeso before intercept you should press the LOC button which will illuminate yellow, then after the localiser is captured and the plane begins its intercept, you should press APP, by this time you should see the red dot coming down and then once the plane comes down with altitude from APP, you should press the second CMD button for full autoland,works perfect for me.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest allblack

Hi John,Welcome aboard. I see with interest you're a fellow kiwi. Hurricane's supporter by any chance???I've been doing this a while, though with three kids don't have the time to become technically proficient with the PMDG product.Hope it all goes well.Cheers, from Karori.

Guest NZPPL

Yes Hurricanes and Wellington Loins for tonights game against the PomsNZPPLPetone

Hi Clayton,I only ever click the 'APP'. Once the ILS capture is live, I hear the 'Ding-Dong' sound and Glide Slope is automatically locked after.Am I doing something wrong, as I enjoy perfect landings?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

no thats right, the ILS capture - thick red bar - should come alive, the ac should begin to intercept then press the APP button,thats what i do.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest glenlee

Are you at the right speed, flap configuration and able to keep on the descent path without overspeeding?Not sure if this is any use but the only time I've had trouble with auto lands and descents is when I've had overspeed disconnects.Glen

Could someone clarify for me where exactly the 'red bar' and 'red dots' should appear.ThanksRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

>Could someone clarify for me where exactly the 'red bar' and>'red dots' should appear.>>Thanks>>Renzo NicolettiRenzo,Read and absorb this page. All will come clear.http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/ils.htmDave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png