Sign in to follow this  
Guest ProjectXWinds

Is the 747 "Done"?

Guest ProjectXWinds

Hi PMDG, And the like!A quick question, that I think many people are wondering--Is the 744 actually done completely, 100%?I know we have all seen this wonderful product displayed in this forum, but as of yet I know that nobody has seen a Rolls-Royce/Pratt & Whitney engine variation, as well as the -400D that was also promised.Im sure you guys will deliver a product that exceeds our expectations (as you already have), but I truely ask the question -- is the aircraft completed? ThanksJS

Guest alexhn

does this mean the dev. team is going to have to model 2 entire engine models before release...? If so, 2 things:-will these need to be beta tested thoroughly, if at all?-will these take long to model, or is it just a few lines of code and paintjobs...

Guest CS-THV

JohnThat doesn't make sense! PMDG wouldn't start Beta without having the product finished.Just because there aren't any PW or RR shots, it doesn't mean that those models are not ready. ;)

Guest alexhn

how long will they take to model?

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Stop demanding dates, guys... It's there when it is. If a product is in BETA, it means it's at a satisfactory point to start testing before it's completed, but I'm sure that PMDG will get more features/things in during the BETA testing. Keep in mind, BETAs can still be very buggy (although with such a long Alpha the 744 must be way less buggy than usual BETAs)... So between ironing out the bugs and adding new features to test, I think it's a safe bet that this release is still a few months off.So relax, enjoy the shots, and fly your other stuff. When it's done, it's done. :)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest Robin.B

I would guess that engine varients would mean different performance models for the FMC to calculate and different fuel consumptions, so PMDG certainly wouldn't go beta before they were done or close to being done ;)

Guest ProjectXWinds

>Stop demanding dates, guys... It's there when it is. If a>product is in BETA, it means it's at a satisfactory point to>start testing before it's completed, but I'm sure that PMDG>will get more features/things in during the BETA testing. Keep>in mind, BETAs can still be very buggy (although with such a>long Alpha the 744 must be way less buggy than usual BETAs)...>So between ironing out the bugs and adding new features to>test, I think it's a safe bet that this release is still a few>months off.>>So relax, enjoy the shots, and fly your other stuff. When it's>done, it's done. :)>>Daniel P.>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg>Member of SJU Photography. [A>HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click>Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!>The official psychotic AA painter. :)While I agree with your attitude towards PMDG's work -- I never demanded a date, nor even a timeframe. ;-)Thanks for the info, Vin, that answered my question :-)JS