Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alogan

Major problems with 737 - please help

Guest Alogan

Hi,I have had the PMDG 737NG and 737-800/900 add-ons installed for several months, and they worked fine, however today I selected the 737-900 (Boeing Dreamliner livery, with 2D panel and VC, but no Virtual Cabin) for a "Create a flight", and then clicked on "Fly now", as usual to set up a custom flight, but FS2004 refused to load the flight. The box saying how much of the flight has been loaded came up, but stayed on 0%, then a message came up saying "FS has encountered a problem, etc etc. and needs to close". This happened every time I tried to load a 737-900. So then I tried the 737-600 (PMDG livery, 2D panel only), which did load, but once it had loaded all the systems on the aircraft were switched off, the overhead panel wouldn't load, nor would the FMC or any other panels except for default view, approach, landing and zoom view. What is going on? I haven't changed any settings in FS2004 or modified the fs9.cfg or aircraft.cfg files. I then uninstalled all my PMDG 737 aircraft and liveries and re-installed (without bothering with installing all the liveries this time), loaded the 2D panel-only 737-600 again, and the same thing happened. No overhead or FMC panels or anything else would come up, when I pressed the icons for any of these only a half-blank forward view came up. Can someone please help? Thanks, Angus

Guest scottzdc

I am experiencing the same thing. THe only thing I can think of that has changed is FSUIPC 3.48. I tried every way to load the aircraft (600,700,800,900, base livery, other liveries) 2D only, virtual, virtual with cabin. I also started the cessna and then loaded the 737, same thing. usually between 0-6% load, I get FS9 has encountered a problem and must close.when using select a flight, I get the please wait loading AIRAC data, it appears to finish this. then when you hit fly now, error.I have lots of other addon acft. I tried most of them. FLight 1 ATR, LDS 767 both load and run. If you need more info let me know.

Guest Alogan

OK, thanks. I don't think I have updated FSUIPC since I installed 737-800/900. I may well have updated it since first installing 737NG, since that was about 8 months ago, but I only installed 737-800/900 about 4 months ago, and I haven't updated since, and the 737-800/900 both worked perfectly when I first installed. I last loaded the 737-800/900 about two months ago and it was okay, but then today all of a sudden it doesn't want to work. Again the 737-600/700 worked fine as well a few months ago when I last used them. :(

Guest jdrago

Have you tried loading a flight with the default Cessna, and then switching to PMDG aircraft?- John

Guest scottzdc

as I said in my post, yes, I have tried the Cessna first, same thing. next is to reinstall the planes....

Guest Alogan

OK, I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled several times, and I have found that I can get the 737-800/900 working perfectly now, as long as 737NG (-600/700) is not installed, and vice-versa. It seems as if they are not compatible. Anyway I'm not bothered - I've uninstalled 737NG and just using 737-800/900. I've got plenty of hours of entertainment from 737NG, time to move over and let 737-800/900 in. I might have an experiment to see just what is causing the incompatibility but for now I'm quite happy just to use the 737-800/900, which has all the 737NG features anyway, plus a lot more. :)

Angus,Are you talking about the boxed versions from Aerosoft? If so there's a patch for them on Aerosoft's website. I think this is a known and solved problem.Hope it helps,

Guest Alogan

Yes I am, thanks for pointing that out. I'll download and install that then, and see if it fixes it. As I said, the 800/900 models are excellent, so it would be a bonus if the 600/700 worked as well.

Guest Alogan

Problem solved! Thanks Mats, the patch has done the trick, and now everything is working.

Guest scottzdc

I did full reinstall - working now. I guess something got corrupted. Computers sheesh :-8