Sign in to follow this  

Gear Up and OFF

Please tell me you can put the gear lever in the OFF position in the VC. In the NG you could only do it in the 2d panel, and the VC would still show it in the UP position.Minor I know, but it is a part of the checklist and flying only from the VC it would make it impossible to complete!Thank you,

Guest ahmedem

It doesn't go to off in the VC, yet another reason why I'm a 2D guy.

I'm sorry to hear that, you don't know what you're missing. A minor thing like that will not keep me away from the most specacular and realistic view as if you were really in the cockpit flying

Excellent news! Thank you!

Guest ahmedem

Yeah I was referring to the NG!It is looking like the 747 will be the first aircraft to convert me to the ways of the VC. Guess I'm a little old school, but I love those crisp clear 2D displays.

But in the real world you don't have always crisp and clear displays, and you usually have to move your head just to see something or switch something out of your view forward. It adds to the realism IMO, the 2d panel lays everything out perfectly infront of you and gives you a small little view of the outside, not realistic at all IMO. I am lucky though that I have a good computer to run any airplane in the VC and am looking foward to the queen!