Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

Beta Testers! How do you like the Queen's taxi performance?

Guest AJ

I'm curious about how well the Queen handles during taxi? Does it give you a good sense of the size and weight of this beast? How about the view from the cockpit, do you feel how high up you are? How about the perspective when turning? Also how do the engiens sound from the flight deck, especially during taxi and takeoff? Please share your impressions.

I'm not sure it'd really be prudent to go into detail about this stuff this early - things always change during the course of a beta testing run and we wouldn't want to give you guys the wrong impression when stuff might change...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ZOTAN

Sorry to go off topic, but how does it run on your system? I have an almost identical system (6600GT instead of the 9800), and I would like to know what to expect.

Tabs,Do you really think PMDG is going to change the hieght and feel of the cockpit etc...?Im not very smart so perhaps Im wrong, but wouldnt PMDG work out the hieght and feel of the cockpit during development?I think he was asking...as of right now.....how does it feel?Obviously we willl have to wait to expierence it for ourselves.thanksCapn' Oz

Peter Osborn

HiI`d say they`ve got the perspective spot on!I`ve only had the chance to do about 30mins of test flying so far as I had to come away to work,but the taxi experience is very good.When you taxi a 747 you have to overshoot the taxi line when making a turn left or right,using the same perspective you`d see in real life I started a left turn in what looked like the correct place then switched to the spot view to find the nose wheel right on the yellow line,spot on.The view above ground equipment on the ramp gives a good impression of the hight of the flight deck.As I said I havn`t managed to get much test flying done but I did manage to get into the air for a breif ride and I`d have to say the flight model is also spot on!A lot of heavy sim aircraft I`ve flown tend to over do it with the inertia,which may be a true physics model of the real aircraft but within the confines of MSFS and available control hardware make the model very hard to fly well.I was able to throw this machine around and put it just where I wanted it(which is more than I could do with the real one flying into KLAS this afternoon:-))The aircraft behaves well during rotation and is easy to rotate and hold the correct pitch attitude and airspeed,again with other models I`ve flown the speed tends to run away to easilyJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

you`re most welcome :-)

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.