Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Please help me install the groundhandling gauge in the NG panel!

Hi guys.I need a little help installing an addon on my 737 panels. Today I tried installing Mr. Rob Barendregt's groundhandling gauges v3.2 in my B737 and 738 panels. However I was unsuccessful. The gauge is avalaible in avsim's file library and it makes pushbacks easier and more realistic by adding some voice and easy to use controls. To install it one must simply add some files to the gauges and sound folders of FS9 and edit the panel.cfg by adding some lines to make the gauge and it's popup button visible. I managed to sucessfully install it in some of FS9's dfault aircraft but for unknown reasons I couldn;t get it to work on my PMDG 737s. I followed the readme.txt file step by step when adding the lines to my 737-700's panel file.Below you'll find the lines that need to be added as found in the readme.txt written by the gauge's author himself. Please help me since I really miss an appropriate pushback in FS9!Many thanks,VictorPlacing the gauges in your panel is done by adding some lines to the panel.cfgfile of your aircraft, located in the ...Flight Simulator 9Aircraft"youraircraft"Panel folder. The simplest way of doing that is by using Notepad.*** MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR panel.cfg FIRST ***- In the [Window Titles] section, add the line:Window**=Groundhandlingwhere '**' is the next free number.For the default FS2004 Boeing 747_400 ONLY !!: '**' is 06- In the [Window00] section, add the line:gauge**=rcb_groundhandling!Icon_Pushback, aaa,bbb,12,12where '**' is the next free number, 'aaa'and 'bbb' are the coordinates for thegroundhandling Icon on your panel and 12,12 is the size in pixels.See also Appendix-1.For the default FS2004 Boeing 747_400 ONLY !!: gauge58=rcb_groundhandling!Icon_Pushback, 128,111,12,12- After the last [Window..] section, add the lines (use copy/paste to avoid typing errors):[Window**]size_mm=196,100 // The relative window size in pixels.ident=10005 // The ident used by Icon_Pushback.visible=0 // 0: hidden when aircraft is loaded.window_size= 0.3,0.2 // Window screen size: 30 % Hor., 20 % Vert.position=0 // 0: opens in top-left of screen.background_color=16,16,16gauge00=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundSwitch, 0, 0, 50, 36gauge01=rcb_groundhandling!AutoTaxiAfterLanding, 50, 0, 48, 36gauge02=rcb_groundhandling!AutoTaxiAfterParkingbrake, 98, 0, 48, 36gauge03=rcb_groundhandling!ParkingBrakeSwitch, 146, 0, 50, 36gauge04=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackDisplay, 0, 36, 86, 64gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!TaxispeedFS2004, 86, 36, 60, 64 //NOTE-1//gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!TaxispeedFS2002, 86, 36, 60, 64 //NOTE-1//gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!TaxispeedNoBrakes, 86, 36, 60, 64 //NOTE-1gauge06=rcb_groundhandling!BrakePressure, 146, 36, 50, 64gauge07=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackStates, 0,0gauge08=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundServer,0,0gauge09=rcb_groundhandling!BrakeSound, 0,0gauge10=rcb_sound!sound,0,0,,,9998 9999 95 // 95:Default overall sound volumewhere '**' is the same number you used in the [Window Titles]You can open the Groundhandling window by clicking the icon (the DownArrow) inyour main panel, or via menu Views - Instrument Panel.NOTES:1. IMPORTANT--IMPORTANT--IMPORTANT--IMPORTANT--IMPORTANT--IMPORTANT--IMPORTANT Due to differences in the Brakes implementation of FS2002 and FS2004, you must select the appropriate version of gauge05: - Taxispeed2004: uses the proportional FS brake commands. Use this when: - you use FS2004, WITH toebrake pedals. - Taxispeed2002: uses the non-proportinal (old) brake commands.Use this when - you use FS2004 WITHOUT toebrake pedals. - you use FS2002. - TaxispeedNoBrakes: does not use brake control at all. Use this when: - for whatever reason, you do not want to have the Taxispeed gauge to apply brakes to control the taxispeed. As you can see above, by default TaxipeedFS2004 is used (two "//" in in front of a line means that a gauge is disabled). You can use another version by removing/inserting "//" in front of a line. !! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ONLY 1 VERSION ACTIVE !! For a detailed explanation, see Appendix-5.2. These gauges do NOT require the installation of FSsound or FSUIPC.3. You can change the "window_size= " if you prefer a smaller window. E.g. 0.15,0.1 makes it half the size.4. If you like the window to appear on another default location, change the "position= " to a value 1 to 8 (with 8 being the bottom-right corner).5. If you find the overall pushback conversation sounds too loud, change the value 95 in "gauge09= " to any value between 80 and 100.

Guest stevesj

VictorAre you sure that you have loaded an aircraft with the same panel version as you have edited??. This is easy done, I have done it a few times, maybe you have edited the B737-600 vc for example and you have loaded the B767-600 which has a different panel.cfg.If you have, then please copy paste your panel.cfg not the one from the tutorial and I would be glad to see if I can spot the problem.Steve

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Victor,Try installing FSCopilot instead - no editing to do at all. can't remember where from but try the AVSIM file library.

Guest glenlee

Hi Victor,I find the jumble of instructions quite hard to follow especially when you read both the patched and unpatched version of the file...I wrote this and saved it in a zip file with the other patched files and it makes it mush easier to pick out the bits you need.Here goes..."start of instructions"open PMDG aircraft of choicego to Panel folderscroll down to window08 (radio stack)insert following text after line that starts guage00.....gauge01=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundSwitchA, 510, 431, 40, 26gauge02=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackDisplay, 510, 467, 86, 64gauge03=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackStates, 0,0gauge04=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundServerA,0,0gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!BrakeSound, 0,0gauge06=rcb_sound!sound,0,0,,,1088 9999 85 // 95:Default overall sound volume(Cut and paste the above text, it should work ok)Copy sound files to sound foldercopy Guage files to Guages folder (do not extract the rcb.cab file)"end of instructions"Make sure you only copy the patched version of the guage file, as far as I can remember the sound files are still the same.Hope this helps.Glen Lee

Thanks a lot to Glen Steve and Dave! Problem solved. Works beautifully. I added Glen's panel.cfg modifications to the panel file of only the panel folder, that's why I wasn't getting the gauge to display when I selected a virtual cockpit verison of the 737. Once again thank you very muich for the quick response. Definately the one of the best things about using PMDG's aircraft is the friendly help we get from other users in this forum. Hope top be of help as well some day.Regards,Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg