Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

Need a second opinion

Hello,I'm gona buy a hole new pc but I'm still looking for a videocard.Wat do you guys prefer for MSFS??? ATI RADEON or GeForce???Thanks,

Guest Jeff Berman

No doubt in my mind, I would go with ATI. Enjoy your new PC :)

Thanks Jeff. I think I will go for ATI to, I have good experiences with ATI.

Guest frankathl

I'm currently considering the ATI Radeon X850 XT. Anyone know how this card performs with FS?BR,Frank

I think I made my choice. I will go for the X800XT.The people are realy happy about that card.

I have the Asus Radeon X850XT and it rocks! Just don't expect perfect performance with it running real weather and 100% traffic in the VC. Also there are some issues with texture shimmering around lines but this drawback is minor compared to the geforce series which aliases clouds and causes performance hits much greater than the ATi cards. I'd also recommend using the omega drivers, they make FS run smooth!

I'm prefer the ATI RADEON cards instad of the GeForce but I heart from a friend that the X800XT is the best card for gamers like us.

Pretty much the only reason I suggested that card, was because it's 512 instead of 256. You won't even be able to use all of it at the moment. But you won't have to upgrade anytime soon.You can't go wrong with the ATI card, just throwing something else out there. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Guest CS-THV

ATI all the way! And the drivers service is better than NVIDIA's.

Guest zip

I would go ATI right now - but wait for the Crossfire boards just in case you want to plop two of these things in there... Even if you don't get a mobo able of handling it, prices are guaranteed to drop when they hit the market.I like to checkout Alienware & VoodooPC to get an idea of what the top of the line money is no object looks like, and then come back down on terra firma and make a decision.ATI has significantly improved the drivers in recent years, and I can't tell much of a difference between NVidia and ATI. Depends what week you talk about. Both claim superiority.Note that video is one thing, but your memory speed and number of channels are also very big factors in FS9.I think you'd look cooler with a water cooled system with a color coordinated case with handsprayed clouds on it. Puts you in the mood :)