Sign in to follow this  
767lover

Beta testers, second request for cabin pictures?

Guest pwoods

>I had a cabin once. Was made of logs and was located in San>Isabel Forest in Colorado.>>Was a beautiful place but couldnt afford it anymore. If yaI feel bad for you. I mean, the financial burden this placed on you sounds like a situation of excessively high "cabin pressure."Paul W.

Guest thscholz

>Ok, so what about a picture. Only 1 picture? Just to get a>glimpse of the quality. Come on, it won't take you more than 2>minutes altogether. Do me this favor and you won't hear me>(for a while). We've been waiting for almost a year now for>this plane. Thanks!!Hmmm! Why should they want to provide a shot of the 747 cabin to someone whose user name is '767lover'?;-) Oh, and Dirk: Don't forget to sign each post with your name (or put it in your signature). Maybe then you'll get your screenshot.;-) CheersThomas

Guest Knikolaes

That it was. There was a killer dirt airstrip nearby and once I got my PPL it would have been the PERFECT place to keep a PC-6 Portyer or something similar -- like a 747-400 . . . okay maybe not . . . . but the image that just ran through my head will make for some interesting dreams this night.

>It is pretty cool though being able to walk back and sit>down, you can sim taking your break on long haul flights!>Gives you something to do when the plane is cruising for a few>hours... But I'm sure its the last thing to be modeled and>tested!I should remind you that you are now only allowed to leave the flight deck for "a short physiological break"!!:-)Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

>I should remind you that you are now only allowed to leave the>flight deck for "a short physiological break"!!Jon,I always wondered if you do take such a quick break how it is assured in the post 9/11 world that no one will sneak into the cockpit when you briefly open the door.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

>Dirk,>>I think I speak for all on the test pilot team when I tell you>that we haven't had a chance to get out of that back door yet.>We are currently testing all the systems and indications for>theis highly complex bird and once the testing calms down for>the vital systems I'm sure some of the beta testers will open>the door and go for a stroll down the ailes.>>Remember, patience is still a virtue, we're only in beta! ;-)>>Hope it helps,Hang on, do'nt you have to walk through the cabin to get the flight deck! :-lol

Alaister Kay

>>>I should remind you that you are now only allowed to leave>the>>flight deck for "a short physiological break"!!>>Jon,>>I always wondered if you do take such a quick break how it is>assured in the post 9/11 world that no one will sneak into the>cockpit when you briefly open the door.>>>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpgHi Michael,Thats a VERY good question!Some airlines have a toilet on the flightdeck inside the secure door,Others do not :-(.It annoys me a bit, near top of descent, having to join a que of passengers to use the loo! Although I do push in!jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Guest Knikolaes

Actually I think it would be more a "loss of cabin" pressure.

Guest FattyBear

Pretty amazing how this thread has gotten so long without a single picture of the cabin. I don't really care about the cabin, but a thread this long should at least satisfy the man's request with a picture.

Guest rcarlson123

>Hmmm! Why should they want to provide a shot of the 747 cabin>to someone whose user name is '767lover'?;-) At least it's not "A320lover". :D