Sign in to follow this  
Guest FattyBear

747 Queen: Individual external lights?

Guest FattyBear

Will the new 747 have lights that are individually controllable, like on the LDS 767? I personally think this is a cool feature.

Hi Alex,Yes, The PMDG 747 has independantly controllable inboard landing lights, outboard landing lights, runway turnoff lights, taxi lights, and of course, the full range of navs, strobes and working wing lights and logo lights.Also, both the 2D and VC has four different panel lighting options, and also the ability to change the brightness of the CRTs on the main panel.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest FattyBear

Thanks for the reply Vin. Very good news. Keep up the good work!

>>Also, both the 2D and VC has four different panel lighting>options, The 3 examples that we saw so far were very impressive. Shading, distribution of light throughout the panel were realy well done. But I wonder about those barely visible (but I see them) smears caused by insufficient number of colors. How many bits of color are involved here, is this FS inherent limitation? Didn't we get more color 'bits' in FLY! like 5 years ago? Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Does the 737NG have these controllable lights? I haven't thought about it.Ken.

Guest Erups

>Does the 737NG have these controllable lights? I haven't>thought about it.The 737 itself does not have that many lights a 747 have.The PMDG 737 anyway retains the individual controls available on a 737:taxi lights, landing lights, runway turnoff lights, logo, nav, beacon, strobe, wing lights.

>>also the ability to change the brightness of the CRTs on the main panel.Thank God.

Eric 

Guest FattyBear

>>>also the ability to change the brightness of the CRTs on>the main panel.>>Thank God.Hm, in regard to add-ons with glass cockpits that have brightness controls, I've never even touched the brightness knob. To me it really does seem kind of pointless in the simulator. Nice touch nontheless though.

Guest Sunnyzsz

Hey AllI would have to agree, I have never once changed the brighness of the screens in the flight deck - so I guess its not really needed (in my view).

Well, I use a 21.3" viewable LCD monitor so when in the VC, the screens are of a good size. When flying at night, I usually have the room darkened as I have a special back-lit keyboard that goes with the PFC hardware that I fly with. As such, the screens tend to hurt my eyes when they are at full brightness so it is nice to be able to dim them so the eyes don't hurt when flying for hours on end as I do all my flights in real time. PMDG's 737's screens can be dimmed and that is a big help for me.

Eric 

Guest FattyBear

Ah, good points. If you fly in the dark a lot I would suggest putting some sort of backlight up behind your LCD. It dimineshes the ambiance but it will help prevent astigmatism (I hope that's the right eye condition Im thinking of).

Guest WA

slightly OT but in the same ball park and something i have been wondering about for ages.Which lights to turn on when..and when to turn em off...both for the 737 and for the coming 747.Cheers,Willem

Guest Simuflator

Taxi lights: During all movement on the ground. And during approach, initiated with the approach checklist so around FL90 and 10 minutes before landing. They are switched off in the after takeoff x-list.Wing turnoff lights: During all movement on the ground, and when you have a head-on(but off course higher or lower flying) with another aircraft (adds to your visability)Beacon: Whenever the engines are running (so right before start on and right after shutdown off)Navigation: All the time (even at the gate) (our company)Logo: Whenever its dark and low to the ground / on the groundHigh Intensity Lights: Every time when on an active runway and all the time during flight.Happy flying,Remco

Hello Kim, It comes in handy at night when your screens are way too bright and you want to be able to see out the window a little better without being blinded by beautiful displays ;-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]