Sign in to follow this  
Guest camtech

747/frame rate

Guest camtech

Im sure this has been discussed before , and im most certainly waiting on the 747, in fact im preparing my com for the new plane by upgrading my cpu and ram, right now i have a 3200 + and 768 ram , my vid card is radeon 256 XT , im planning on getting the latest cpu AMD has to offer , im wondering though is it nessesary to get the amd 64, will there be and improvment in that area, and i know the more ram the better. But there is a problem that i have been wondering about, im one of those simmers that have a whole lot of addons.1. Voice Buddy2. Radar Contact3.Active Sky4.Fstimkeeper5.Fsautoshutdown6.Fsnavigator7.Ultimate traffic8.Flight Enviroment9. Fs2crewI absolutely must have all these programs running to fly, and on top of that i have everything turned up in my display settings.I also use several monitors Four in fact, to spread everything out.My frame rate on the ground before start up is about 4.5 to 7.6 per sec. as i slowly climb out and get way up in altitude i will get (providing there is no bad weather)about 8.9 to 13.0 maybe more on a good day.i have grown used to that because realism is important to me, so with that said with all this stuff the 747 will have going for it i know i will have to upgrade , because i will want everything turned up to get the most out of it.is this a good asumption that the 747 will be more of a hog than the 737ng and planning to upgrade is a good idea.and one other question i have to ask, i know sooner or later the next version of Microsoft Flight Sim will be out, when nobody knows, will this fantastic 747 work with the next version, because speaking for myself i normally never go back to older software i like to stay current.Thanks

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Man, I'd drop a few of those... 4.5-7 FPS is miserable. :-lol But back on topic, from what they've said, the FPS will be better than the NG.And come on man, FS10 compatibility? The sim hasn't been announced and you're already expecting them to tell you whether it'll work or not? :-lol Take it easy, chances are we'll enjoy this for quite a few months before FS10 is even announced.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest glide

My advice and what i did in a similar situ and setup to you, i bought a new pc and now run all my addon progs on the other networked machine so that i never have to leave fs to access a program i also have fsflight keeper which is great and i use wide fs to connect all the programs and my frame rates are pretty good with everything maxed out in the vc with ASV and ultimate traffic........thankyou very much problem solved. oh and simplates on the nonfs machine is great for all your charts electronically....now i wouldnt fly with only one pc no way..........................ok so now im poor well you got to make some sacrifices!!!Flyn.

Wow,I figured most would get at least 15 to 20 fps. I have an Nvidia 128 MB video memory and I get about 20 to 25 fps on the ground and about 30 fps at higher altitudes. To me, that's still too slow but it's fair. Does your video have a jerky motion when your fps get that low? It really gets on my nerves when the video jerks around or stops for a few milliseconds. Ken.

Right now the 744 has really GOOD FPS, I see better than the 737 and the VC gauges are super smooth. I haveAMD 64 3200 XP1 GIG 3200 DDRATI X800XT PEOn board sound But as anyone who changes video cards for FS, it did not make that big a change from my NVIDIA 5700 Ultra OC - at least in FS ;D so FPS are no concern of mine for anyone who flys the NG now...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Boaz

I am concerned, although I have read that performance will be much better in VC...I have problems flying the NG in VC, even in 2D at times, but mostly in VC, how much better is it? I know this is a goofy question, but I just don't want to get disapointed.1900+1024 Kingston PC2100 RAMsSOYO mother boardASUS Radeon 9800 pro 256MB DDR 3D cardHope that can help you help me a little bit ;)P.S I fly LVDs B767 all the time in VC and have some problems when flying into huge airports, but mostly it is decent, the NG is simply harder in VC when at complex airports...Boaz...

Guest camtech

Thanks for the reply, i to run a network and run my other add-ons on my other com , the problem is only two of the programs that i run can be networked, and that is radar Contact and Active sky.unless you know of a way that i can get around this.i also today went out and got a faster chip ,(3800+ 64 ) and a gig of ram so that should help quite a bit.but if you know of a way to get around this please let me know.Thanks..............................robert

You definitely want to get an Athlon 64, they are WAAY faster than the old Athlon XP chips... I'm upgrading myself next month hopfully.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest glide

Hi Robert,i'm afraid i dont have any of those programs appart from ultimate traffic and that is the only one i run on the fs machine because it can't be networked i suggest speaking too the program developers,Flyn.

Guest FattyBear

Aren't 64s only faster with 64 bit programs?