Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

WHAT PLANES HAVE MARKER SOUNDS!!!!!

Guest Grayal

None of my planes marker sounds work HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how do i enable them?????

Ya I dont get the marker sounds also... Hmmm seems a little odd, I'll go investigate and will reply ASAP unless someone else finds out.

Guest eko

Marker sounds are heard when you are a specific distance from the runway. There are three: Inner, Middle, and Outer, in progressive distance from the end of the runway. They are fixed points which you can see on an approach chart, and each has a certain beeping tone associated with them.Unlike FS2000, where you heard them automatically, in FS2002, you have to activate them by pressing the Marker button on your audio gauge, which is part of the radio stack, usually. If you have an FS2000 airplane you are using in FS2002, the radio stack probably doesn't have an audio gauge, as these are new to FS2002.You will have to manually add this gauge, or use a panel which already has it installed.

Guest HeavyFan

Hi there Grayal! I made all my planes have the sounds by going into the main FS2002 directory, then look for the floder called "Flights". Then click on it, then click on the folder called "OTHER" inside the Flights folder, then inside the "Other" folder you will see a Notepad file called "fltsim". open it with Noted pad and scroll down and find the section called "Avianoics"! then look for the line named "AUDIO MARKER LISTEN", Change that line from a AudioMarkerListen=0 to a AudioMarkerListen=1:)

Geofa I thought you were sarcastic until i read the later replies lol :-lol , well it's so simple! Thx guys! :-spacecraft

What a good man you are indeed ! Thanks for the tip. Cheers!

Thanks Heavyfan,I'm sure there are plenty that didn't know it. I didn't, and I bought 2k2 the first day it was on the shelf. I had incorporated the radio stack 'audio' into all my custom panels so I could enable the marker sounds. Now I can just turn it on permanently, take out the 'audio' panel and maybe replace it with some other neat gauge.Appreciate that info..Cheers,Bob

Guest HeavyFan

Your Welcome Guy's! I actually got it from the FS2002 Tips page! But I don't think to many people know this info! So Enjoy! MIKE-:)