Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

TCAS2V7.dll error

last night during the Finnish event on VATSIM and just as I wasestablishing on the ILS I had one of those dreaded crashes anderror report window showing TCAS2V7.dll as the culprit.There was quite abit of traffic around me as well as on the ground. Would appreciate any advice/input as to why this would happen,if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

Guest stevesj

I think I may have the answer here but I have a lead suit on ready for any bullets ;-)The gauge seems to crash the sim if you get very close or hit another aircraft, which you might say adds to the realism ;-)The only thing I can think is that an aircraft was holding short (for t/o) on the r/w that you landed on. Maybe this does not happen if you are in TA mode instead of RA. As RA is inhibited below 1000ft AGL. Were you in RA mode on approach ?HTHSteve

Hi there, I had a similar problem on the europe one sky event. It was solved for me by following Lee's suggestion.http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=5410&PN=1you have to be registered at the leveld forum.there is a new tcas version that solves this problem. I guess it applies to the NG too...Let me know if you cannot access it.RegardsThanos Anogiatis Athens,Greece

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Guest stevesj

ThanosPlease could you copy / paste the detail in here ?Steve

Guest tmetzinger

>Hi there, >>I had a similar problem on the europe one sky event. It was>solved for me by following Lee's suggestion.>>http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=5410&PN=1>>you have to be registered at the leveld forum.>>there is a new tcas version that solves this problem. I guess>it applies to the NG too...>>Let me know if you cannot access it.>>Regards>Thanos Anogiatis >Athens,Greecei registered but cannot see the post.

Steve, I sent you the info on private.I do not know if it is appropriate to publicly post info of a "registration only forum" on a free post one.In the same time 1. I am contacting Lee to suggest him to post here too2. If a pmdg forum admin regards it appropriate can post the info himself here (I guess after contacting a LDS admin?).I hope this helpsThanos

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Guest TrafficTraffic

I am curious if you have a TCAS2v7assert.log file in your main FS folder. If so, does it by any chance mention output.cpp line 152?You can try my latest TCAS2v7.dll from here: http://www.csail.mit.edu/~ilh/fs/tcas/TCAS2v7-1.1.6.zipIf you have a TCAS2v7assert.log file dated around the time of your FS crash, this newer version should fix it.(This is basically what was in that Level-D forum posting.)Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest tmetzinger

>I am curious if you have a TCAS2v7assert.log file in your>main FS folder. If so, does it by any chance mention>output.cpp line 152?>>You can try my latest TCAS2v7.dll from here:>http://www.csail.mit.edu/~ilh/fs/tcas/TCAS2v7-1.1.6.zip>>If you have a TCAS2v7assert.log file dated around the time of>your FS crash, this newer version should fix it.>>(This is basically what was in that Level-D forum posting.)>>Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)Thanks, Lee - I haven't had the problem but am happy to have the latest version.PS - are you at MIT?

Wow! Overwhelmed by the response. Very grateful for allthe replies specially Mr Hetherington for the link.Concerning questions raised on the posts.TCAS was in TA modeI was number 2 on the ILS and there were approx 3 aircraftaround and behind me for the approach, quite a few more ontarmac.I do have a TCAS2v7assert.log but is dated 30/04/2005 andcontains the following: false: C:cygwinhomeilhTCAS2v7dlloutput.cpp:152Gauge version is 1.5Will download latest gauge. Thanks a million.Joaquin

Guest TrafficTraffic

>PS - are you at MIT?Yes, I've been here since 1984, undergraduate through Ph.D. and then joined the research staff working on computer speech recognition and understanding.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest TrafficTraffic

The date has me slightly concerned that what you experienced recently is not fixed in the 1.1.6 version of the DLL, but let's see.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)